As Business Process Management you are responsible for analysing, optimising, automating and implementing several processes, with the goal of improving the efficiency of the business processes and optimising services towards the relevant stakeholders. In the coming years you will primarily be responsible for the implementation of applications required for IFRS17 data gathering and reporting. Therefore knowledge of this standard is required, which is a combination of both insurance and accounting knowledge. IFRS17 is the new international standard for the insurance contracts that brings fundamental changes in the source systems, and the accounting and financial reporting applications. Your daily activities will mainly consist of gathering and documenting the functional requirements and translating these to a implementation solution. You will also have data analysis responsibilities, that require advanced Excel and SQL skills.
The function falls hierarchically within a business line of Information Management, team Data Applications Support and Services. You perform work within this business line in the DevOps team, reporting to a manager.
As Business Process Management you are the direct point of contact for the team in regard of processes, and work closely together with the different stakeholders and give pro-actively advise to the senior management. You ensure continues improvement and are responsible for keeping up to date the different process descriptions. You are able to deviate from established procedures and practices provided the final results meet acceptable standards. You prefer to communicate face-to-face, are curious and always looking for innovation and improvement. The personal interest is subordinate to the team's interests and quality is number 1 for you. You actively request feedback, are respectful and have the will to continue to develop yourself.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant work area, knowledge of the business line for which work is being done
- You excel in analytical and problem solving skills
- WO work and thinking level
- Accounting or actuarial background is required, knowledge of insurance is key
- Knowledge of IFRS or Solvency II is required
- Experience with data analysis, data flow, functional design solutions, data architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, familiar working with SQL / Azure Cloud
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- 1-2 years of experience with agile work, strong knowledge of agile principles
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and communication skills
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
- Flexible working hours.
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the work location is The Hague
Meeting your team
Data Applications Support and Services (DASS) team is a new team (6 FTEs) and is part of CFO/Group Finance & Reporting/Information Management department. The team is responsible for developing and functionally maintaining of the risk- and finance data environment for internal and external reporting, for both the Dutch business units as well as the international business units. The most important activities for the coming period relate to IFRS17 programme deliverables. DASS team adopted the Agile way of working, and works closely with the IT colleagues that are actually part of the same DevOps team(s). The Agile transition is part of a larger initiative to instill a culture of continuous improvement, customer focus and operational excellence within the Finance organization. The DASS team is still in the early stages of Agile transformation. With your support the speed and quality of this transformation can be increased significantly.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Toine van Groesen (Toine.van.Groesen@nn.nl)