Technical Voice & Network Liaison | NN Belgium | Brussels-Midi
NN is a life insurance provider with big ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most important for our clients: their families. We see this as a deeply personal issue, and want to stand out in that way. With 1.4 million unique clients, 600 happy staff and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, we form part of a strong international group. So potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN!
What will go better if you come and work at NN Belgium?
Your knowledge and experience of the modern communications landscape is the main factor in the resolution of technical and operational problems and the guarantee for the successful completion of telephony and network migration projects at NN Belgium.
As the single point of contact, you are responsible for the complete project integration of all networking and telephony in the operational environment. You do this together with NN Belgium’s service providers and partners and with other senior network staff at NN Risk and Security. Your incident management covers the whole life cycle, from first line customer support right through to engineering.
- To allow the migration of office networks and telephony and call centre environments to run quickly and smoothly, you proactively bring knowledge, opinion and support from your expertise.
- As the relationship manager linking different parties, both internal and external, you set guidelines and make recommendations for the solution of complex technical problems and ensure that matters are handled and completed using all appropriate resources.
- You keep tomorrow’s knowledge safe by continuously updating relevant documentation and databases concerning innovation and the optimisation of processes, products and tools.
- As well as dealing with small technical matters like DNS settings, certificate updates and local firewall adjustments, you have operational responsibility for all activities concerning networks and telephony. You ensure that all internal and external engineers and architects comply with the technical requirements, standards, guidelines and procedures covering the sector and NN Group.
What do you bring with you as technical voice and network liaison?
Our ideal candidate is currently working in an equivalent position or is a senior engineer who wants to take the next step in their career. You have a bachelor’s degree in IT or you have equivalent practical and intellectual level, in combination with 5-7 years of relevant work experience involving networks and telecommunications. Your sound knowledge of network services and office and data centre applications means that you will be up and running in no time at all.
- Thanks to your analytical skills you quickly get to the heart of the issue. You have the ability to resolve critical incidents independently and to understand what needs to be done and what not done, and the risks or consequences that your decisions have on a technical level.
- You are highly organised and methodical. Because incidents in general don’t tend to happen on schedule, you are also flexible and solution-oriented. You can work well together and coordinate with other teams and (external) service providers. Outstanding communication skills are naturally essential. You speak the language of the user, but also that of the CTO.
- Knowledge of or experience with the following processes, programs and/or systems: inspection, encryption, authentication and authorisation technologies. LAN/WAN, routing and protocols, BGP4, MPLS, VPLS, EVPL, POS. Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint. IP implementations including QoS and Layer 2/3 environments. Ethernet, TCP/IP, SIP, VPN and MPLS and VoIP solutions.
- Lastly you hold Cisco CCNA certification (or equivalent) and have a sound knowledge of English, both written and spoken. You speak Dutch or French and also feel at home communicating in the other national language.
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you, authentic and committed, who want to give the best of themselves for our clients, with fresh ideas and a drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and obvious. But above all, people with a unique personality that makes them stand out. So knowing yourself is key. We value that at NN! How?
- From us you can expect an attractive salary, supplemented with benefits such as group and hospitalisation insurance, luncheon vouchers and ecocheques, 20 days annual leave, 12 compensation days and five days supplementary leave.
- You get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward. The offer is broad: customised training pathways, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning, …
- With our broad range of customised training pathways, workshops, coaching and on-the-job learning, you get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward.
- At NN we know how important relaxation is! That’s why we aim for a good balance between work and private life. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group classes make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creativity another nudge, we also provide a smart, fully modernised working environment where you can feel at home, located in lively Brussels, literally right beside Brussels-Midi station.
Want to apply: are you our new technical voice and network liaison?
Potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN! Apply now directly and send us your CV and covering letter via the button.