Team lead Corporate Communications
Translating our long term vision and mission into clear communications to internal and external parties is your primary focus. With the best communication tools, you succeed in all messages to be correctly understood by all actors involved.
Your added value as a Team Lead Corporate Communications at NN
You know your way in the world of finance and economics, and you very well understand how to motivate people to provide the best possible quality. No matter how high the pressure is, you remain well balanced. Whatever happens in the team, is visible to others. Every deadline counts and every message needs to be effective. Our image depends on it. All media and stakeholders can count on accurate content and information. The external and internal positioning is spot on, as is your support to the MB and NN Group. You are a sparring partner for your team members as well as the Head of Corporate Communications. Also, interviews, speech writing, preparing external speaking opportunities, crisis management, annual reports and events are all in good hands with you.
The objectives on the agenda
As a specialist in your field of expertise, you like to achieve good results:
- Strong relationships between NN Group and relevant internal and external target groups
- Clear advice to senior management in formulating external and internal communication plans and policies
- Well developed, executed and monitored communication plans and media relations plans for the Management Board of NN Group
- Successful functional management of a team of communication specialists: you facilitate optimal communication and cooperation within the team
- Further development of a centre of expertise in the field of communication- and reputation management for the business units and subsidiaries
As an experienced professional, you strive for continuous development. We offer extensive development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. We offer you:
- An exciting position in a dynamic, international environment
- A professional and fun team – in which initiative, integrity and empathy for what matters most to our customers and other stakeholders is highly valued
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre
Together with the Business Communications Team, your team of eight colleagues forms the Corporate Communications department, with a total of 16 people. With a lot of senior professionals, we will further professionalise our digital communications. Alongside our busy job, we enjoy a yearly Christmas breakfast, a lot of fun activities together (who doesn’t like Bowling?) and a walk through the Mauritshuis museum in The Hague. It keeps us focused.
We make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up several subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
At every stage of your career, employment conditions play a significant role. Therefore, we are financially well arranged. You will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As a Team Lead Corporate Communications, you will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers a secure connection via public transport and the A12. We work in a flexible environment, where working from home is a possibility and where we work through the night if needed.
Critical skills of a teamlead Corporate Communications
- Proven understanding of internal- and external communications and media relations
- Proven track record working in a complex and regulated (publicly listed) organisation – driving messaging, generating coverage, and responding to issues
- Highly developed communication, persuading, negotiating and influencing skills, with ability to act as a senior advisor to the Management Board and other international senior management
- Strong organisational sensitivity: well-attuned to colleagues, low sensitivity for stress, stable and balanced personality
- Strong self-starter, with solid ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in Dutch & English (oral and written)
- Excellent attention to detail, delivered at speed
Commit to NN
We truly value your knowledge and expertise. We believe you will bring our organisation to the next level. Therefore, we would like to meet you. Upload you resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Saskia Kranendonk Head of Corporate Communications via +31 (0)6 25683835