Please note that the following assignment will be via Randstad
About NN Re
NN Re is the reinsurance and hedging company of NN Group. Within NN Group, NN Re is a relative small organization with around 60 people from more than 15 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
We offer intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Groups insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. NN Re is located in The Hague.
In this job you will work together with developers in the Capital Management and Actuarial Function department. Key tasks will be:
- building and documenting shadow models in Excel/VBA/R/Python
- benchmarking of models
- support the team on model improvements
- documentation of processes, tests and results
- apply the latest data science techniques to improve scenario analysis
You will learn about (re)insurance products sold around the world and acquire practical skills in modelling complex financial products.
What is required for this job?
- Most important is a solid quantitative background and modeling experience in R/Excel/VBA/Python, be familiar with Git version control.
- A qualification in econometrics, mathematics, physics or other quantitative discipline, or you are currently enrolled in one of these programs.
- Available for 20 hours a week with flexible hours.
- Open to learn new techniques, work together with a team in a flexible way, communicate effectively in English.
What is in it for you?
You will receive a salary of €17 (bruto) per hour with reimbursement of travel expenses. You also get the chance to gain work experience at a big insurance company. As you will work on different projects, you can also create your own network within the organization and broaden your knowledge.
Please be aware that making an assignment is a part of the application procedure. Our partner Randstad will evaluate the job applications. Are you interested? Please apply here or if you have any questions please contact Defne Berksan through firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-83094034.