NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) is a Centre of Excellence for NN Group, focusing on top quality and efficient solutions. NN RAS operates from Budapest (Hungary), where this vacant role is based. As NN RAS, we serve as an internal centre of consultancy, training, innovation and automation. We support various quantitative departments at NN Head Office in the Hague (the Netherlands) and NN subsidiaries all over Europe. Due to the increasing demand from Business Units and Head Office, the team is in a continuous and dynamic growth. Actuaries, mathematicians, data scientists, physicists and software engineers form the multinational team of NN RAS.
We care for employee satisfaction with high levels of empowerment, plenty of development opportunities, focus on healthy work-life balance and modern working conditions.
NN RAS provides support in 5 professional areas as an internal consultancy:
- Economic Scenario Generation
- Quant Development
- Modelling & Scripting
- Cashflow Modelling
- Model Validation
There are also various project teams being formed for actual insurance-related matters to help NN stay a pioneer in its industry.
Now we are hiring to extend our Modelling & Scripting team with a Software Developer.
In this role you will be responsible for participating and driving quantitative model and process developments, mostly in Python language. You will face several different short- and long-term projects coming from any departments of the company with an intensive programming and modelling request, where you will have the opportunity to creatively design solutions and implement them as software from scratch.
Your impact as a Software Developer at NN
Why would you be satisfied with only creating km-long codes when there’s so much more that you can achieve with your skills? Go for more! Join us and be an active part of the full chain!
- Design and develop models in Python based on business requests
- Get your new development, infrastructural or any R&D ideas related to already existing products and processes of ours implemented
- Work proactively in an agile team
- Maintaining our products, testing framework and services
- Support of users and relevant stakeholders in model usage and understanding, in English
We also care about you
Here at NN, care is a core value. Just as you as our Software Developer indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. We offer great development opportunities within a professionally inspiring, yet familiar work environment. NN RAS is not providing you a job, but an environment to give your innovation ideas in software engineering a route at a huge insurance company, having inexhaustible fields to develop.
- Challenging projects within an exciting multinational, yet familiar work environment
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: skills and personal development are high priorities at NN RAS
- Becoming part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues
- Outstanding career opportunities – including mid-term opportunities to work abroad
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to have and give trainings
- Modern working conditions with room for individual choices (brand new office building, ergonomic equipment, flexibility in working hours, opportunity to work remotely, etc.)
- Several team-buildings and optional community events (board-game nights, pancake-breakfasts, Christmas dinner, etc.)
Within the Modelling & Scripting Team, we work with a joint effort to deliver high-quality products to our clients from quarter to quarter. By joining us you will become part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues with a desire to always achieve the best for the customer. At the same time, you will experience open communication and mutual support towards each-other within the team.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
As a Software Developer, you will work from our beautiful, brand new office located in Budapest. We will offer you a local (no expat) contract with a competitive remuneration package according to the Hungarian labor market. We offer modern employment and working conditions with room for individual choices (ergonomic equipment, flexibility in working hours, opportunity to work remotely, etc.).
Critical skills of a Software Developer
If most of the following bullet-points describes you perfectly, our Modelling & Scripting team could definitely use a talent like you!
- Strong programming background (preferably 2-5+ years), advanced experience with Python
- Experience with Version Control Systems and pipelining (CI/CD, Gitlab, AWS, Azure DevOps, …)
- On the personal side: good communicational skills, creativity, innovation, cooperative attitude, solution & customer-oriented thinking
- Experience with databases, knowledge of SAS, SQL, Access is an advantage
- Experience with languages of R, C# or VBA is an advantage
- Experience in web service development is an advantage
- Experience gained at firms operation in the area of finance, banking or insurance is an advantage
Commit to NN
You want to kick start your career in a dynamic company that offers plenty of future growth opportunities as well as the possibility to do assignments internationally? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Your files will be treated confidentially.