Your Challenge is:
- As a senior member of the DevOps team, technically lead the team in further automating, improving and securing the full SDDC stack;
- Being able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and propose topologies from both general and specific perspectives;
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance;
- General Administration of VMWare environment: Vsphere, VSAN, NSX, VROPS, Network Insight, Loginsght, SRM, VRA, etc. • Strong system and network troubleshooting skills;
- Performing 3rd level incident and problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution;
- Designing and maintaining relevant documentation;
- Working closely with various IT groups such as database, network and security teams, application team, Project and Business Technology Management, and assisting in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting;
- Maintaining the stability of the infrastructure and application landscape by controlled change implementation;
- Ensuring security controls are in place and deviations are followed up and acted upon.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related fields (or equivalent experience) required;
- At least seven (7) years' Vmware administration experience;
- Experience with management tooling like Vcenter;
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform;
- Version control systems: Real world experience with working with GIT;
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab CI/CD (creating pipelines, managing CI runners);
- Strong focus on IT security;
- Knowledge of and large practical experience with ITIL;
- Skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (powercli, powernsx, powershell);
- Previous working experience with AWS;
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated;
- Ability to consult with the customer on business requirements;
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment;
- Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation in English (required) and Dutch (preferred);
- Experience in Agile way of working (scrum) Certifications;
- VMWare Datacenter Virtualisation track: preferably DCV-DCX, but at least VCAP-DCV.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly changing IT environment using the latest configuration management tools available;
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment;
- An hourly rate of €80,- based on knowledge experience. (we apply a 2% early payment discount when NN pays the invoices within 8 days).
Interested? If so, click on ‘Apply for this job’, complete the on-line application form and submit your resume and letter of motivation stating your salary or rate indication and your availability/possible starting date.
At this moment the vacancy is not open for agencies.