Senior Risk Manager
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager to strengthen the Risk Management Oversight team. Risk Management Oversight is a multi-disciplinary team of 9 people staffed with senior risk managers, who review, challenge and support the risk management activities of the NN Group business units (NL and International) with a focus on oversight, policies and advice. The department achieves its objectives through a solid understanding of the business and the landscape in which it operates, and regular interaction with business units and key stakeholders at Group such as other Group departments, Corporate Audit Services, CRO NN Group, CEO NL, CEO International and other MB members. Risk Management Oversight also interacts on a regular basis with the external auditor and regulator.
Meet your team
The department achieves its objectives through a solid understanding of the business and the landscape in which it operates, and regular interaction with business units and key stakeholders at Group such as other Group departments, Corporate Audit Services, CRO NN Group, CEO NL, CEO International and other MB members. Risk Management Oversight also interacts on a regular basis with the external auditor and regulator.
- Risk Management Oversight is responsible for risk management oversight of the NN Group’s insurance entities, NN Bank and NN Investment Partners. The oversight role includes:
- Evaluate the quality of risk management in the business units
- Managing and organizing the Risk information flow to the Management Board and the Supervisory Board to ensure they are timely aware of any material risks
- Right and obligation to intervene in case business units deviate materially from the agreed risk management framework, or take/omit actions with a potential material impact on the risk profile of NN Group.
- Identify and assess cross-unit risks and opportunities that are material for the Group or one of its reporting segments
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit : NN Group
Your main responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding, articulation and documentation of key risks at the BU levels, including priorities and plans for successful resolutions of key risk issues;
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the businesses and their landscape; Ensure sufficient business knowledge is present in the Risk Management Oversight team;
- Have a clear view of risk management capabilities and improvement potential and translates this into concrete action plans;
- Advise senior management on financial and non-financial risks in the business units providing clear, consistent, understandable and actionable risk management information;
- Provide quality assurance to the head of Risk Management Oversight and the NN Group CRO on local risk management oversight (2nd line of defense) and risk management activities (1st and 2nd lines of defense) in the business units;
- Challenge and support local risk management, without taking over local responsibilities;
- Communicate and advise on issues and potential improvements of local 2nd line risk functions;
- Regular sparring partner of the NN Group CRO and Group Committees on specific topics;
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business units and at Group, including but not limited to CRO’s, risk teams, Finance, Corporate Audit Services and investment manager;
Your experience, skills and competencies
- 10 - 15 years of experience in the financial industry
- Good knowledge of insurance, banking and asset management business. Strong knowledge of at least one of these industries is required
- Master’s Degree preferably in science, mathematics, econometrics, or economics; quantitative skills essential
- Risk management experience for the full ERM spectrum of risks: financial, insurance, operational, strategic
- Quantitative / Actuarial background.
- Proven ability to operate at business unit MT level; MT experience preferred
- Excellent communication and people skills to build working relations within the team, with business units and with senior stakeholders
- Customer focused with well-developed consultancy skills to assure that stakeholders are serviced in a professional manner
We offer you
- Professional, enthusiastic and engaged colleagues
- Broad exposure to a complex and challenging international business environment
- Ability to engage with senior leadership and influence key decision processes
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership role (e.g. CRO or functional head)
- A position in job grade 13 depending on knowledge and experience.
- More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org , of +31 6 82 999 606 .