We are looking for a Senior ORM Officer. Someone who is not a traditional ORM person but is eager to go into the business as a business partner and collaborates with all the different departments.
The Risk department, at our International head office, is a control function within NN Investment Partners, and is divided into specific specialist areas, based on the type of risks. These specialist areas are:
- Investment Risk
- Credit and Counterparty Risk
- Investment Restrictions Control
- Operational Risk Management
Next to the risk specialist areas there is also a Risk Network function, that acts as liaison for all risk types to the entities outside of the Head Office.
The Risk department has approximately 50 employees. The ORM officer reports directly to the Head of Operational Risk Management.
NNIP's ORM team (9 people) is responsible for actively supporting and challenging the first line responsible staff in managing the operational risks of NNIP.
Responsibilities include active maintenance and development of the Integrated Control Framework through performing risk assessments, analysis of incidents and testing of controls.
Your main responsibilities
As ORM officer you have two main responsibilities: (a) as Center of Expertise (CoE) on one or more ORM specific elements, (b) business partner to a part of the NNIP organization.
There are various CoE's within the NNIP ORM team (incident management, risk assessment, ICF, information risk management, business continuity management, security, action tracking, and others). You will have the responsibility for one or more of these CoE's.
- You act as liaison with NN Group functions on that expertise
- You (re)design programs, policies, and proceeded to fit for purpose for NNIP and are responsible for the roll out towards the countries
- You are responsible for developing training and awareness programs on the expertise
- You are responsible for developing appropriate reporting on the expertise and consolidation of reporting
Business Partner responsibility
From an ORM perspective we distinguish the following business areas that cover the complete value chain of NNIP (Client, Products, Portfolio Management, Operations, Change Management, Accounting, Reporting, Data Management, Support& Control). You will be responsible for one of the business areas.
You are responsible for supporting and challenging the management of a business area through active maintenance and development of the Integrated Control Framework, performing risk assessments (BaU, project, thematic), analysis of incidents, tracking and monitoring follow up of audit and other actions, testing of controls.
Your experience and skills
- Strong (qualitative) analytical skills
- Strong relationship management skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and influence, others
- Verbal and written communications skills. Dutch language knowledge is an asset
- A strong communicator, able to act as a senior advisor, staying calm under different circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail, delivered at speed
- Capacity to think both strategically and out of the box to generate new ideas and solutions
- Strong ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of people in different cultural, functional and geographical areas
- Ability to quickly get an understanding of the NNIP organisation, and establish own network within the company
- Knowledge of the asset management industry is an advantage
- Attention to detail, proactive, flexible, customer focus, independent, showing vision for IRM
- Sensitivity to different International business cultures
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Titia in 't Veld, Senior Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org..
Third party applications are not accepted.