With your audit profile, your focus is on one or more ORM specific elements as Center of Expertise (CoE) and on the Integrated Control Framework as a business partner to a part of the NNIP value chain/organization.
Your added value as an Operational Risk Officer at NN IP
As ORM Officer with an audit profile you have two main responsibilities: (a) as Center of Expertise (CoE) on one or more ORM specific elements, the focus for this job profile is on the Integrated Control Framework (b) business partner to a part of the NNIP value chain/organization.
There are various CoE's within the NNIP ORM team (incident management, risk assessment, ICF, information risk management, business continuity management, security, action tracking, and others). You will have the responsibility for one or more of these CoE's.
- You act as liaison with NN Group functions on that expertise
- You (re)design programs, policies, and proceeded to fit for purpose for NNIP and are responsible for the roll out towards the countries
- You are responsible for developing training and awareness programs on the expertise
- You are responsible for developing appropriate reporting on the expertise and consolidation of reporting
Business Partner responsibility
From an ORM perspective we distinguish the following business areas that cover the complete value chain of NNIP (Client, Products, Portfolio Management, Operations, Change Management, Accounting, Reporting, Data Management, Support& Control). You will be responsible for one of the business areas. You are responsible for supporting and challenging the management of a business area through active maintenance and development of the Integrated Control Framework, performing risk assessments (BaU, project, thematic), analysis of incidents, tracking and monitoring follow up of audit and other actions, testing of controls.
As an experienced professional, you strive for continuous development. We offer extensive development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. We offer you:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre
- A comprehensive network of national and international professionals
- Industry specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and internationally)
You will be part of our ORM team of eight people. Together we are responsible for actively supporting and challenging the first line responsible staff in managing the operational risks of NNIP. Our responsibilities include active maintenance and development of the Integrated Control Framework through performing risk assessments, analysis of incidents and testing of controls. In this context, there is also frequent interaction with the external auditor in relation to FRR and ISAE test activities. Our team falls within the Risk Department (50 people), which has a control function within NN Investment Partners (NNIP). Financial Risk Management and Operational Risk Management are the specialist areas of this department.
NN IP is part of the NN Group. We make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up several subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
At every stage of your career employment conditions play a significant role. Therefore, we are financially well arranged: you will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As an Operational Risk Officer, you will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via public transport and the A12.
Critical skills of an Operational Risk Officer
As an Operational Risk Officer you have a minimum of 5 years experience within auditing. Your excellent communication skills enable you to be a strong communicator, senior advisor and negotiator (in different cultural, functional and geographical areas). In all circumstances, you remain calm, and you ensure the most effective collaboration. Knowledge of the Dutch language would be an asset here. Furthermore:
- Excellent attention to detail, delivered at speed
- Capacity to think both strategically and out of the box to generate new ideas and solutions
- Strong ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of people in different cultural, functional and geographical areas
- Ability to quickly get an understanding of the NNIP organisation, and establish own network within the company
- Knowledge of the asset management industry is an advantage
- Attention to detail, proactive, flexible, customer focus, independent, showing vision for ORM
- Sensitivity to different International business cultures
- Auditing education and experience is required for this role
- Experience with auditing techniques like IPE-testing is a pre
- Strong negotiation skills
Commit to NN
We truly value your knowledge and expertise. We believe you will bring our organization to the next level. Therefore, we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button. Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Femke Zeeman, recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org