The Legal department of NN Investment Partners consists of approximately 35 professionals in the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Japan and Singapore.
The vacancy is within the Legal department in The Hague. The successful candidate will be joining the Legal Funds&Pension Solutions team currently consisting of 3 lawyers and a paralegal assistant. The team supports both the Dutch and Luxembourg investment fund ranges and the pension solutions side of NN IP’s business. Next to that, you will be working closely with external local legal counsels providing legal support locally.
As (Senior) Legal Counsel within the Funds&Pension Solutions team, you will be supporting our Luxembourg fund range under supervision of both AFM in the Netherlands and CSSF in Luxembourg. You will be mainly responsible for:
- Set up of new Luxembourg domiciled funds, maintenance, restructuring and liquidation thereof
- Drafting and negotiation of legal fund documentation including the prospectus and articles of incorporation/association, service provider agreements, agency agreements etc.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained for the Luxembourg domiciled funds
- More complex filings with CSSF and AFM and liaising with the relevant case officers
- Participating in NN IP business projects covering our Luxembourg fund range and our other offices in Europe and Asia
- Monitoring and reviewing new local (Luxembourg and Dutch) laws, regulations and market practices which may impact the company and its Luxembourg business in close collaboration with an external Luxembourg based law firm
- Acting as key partner to our external service providers and agents
- Cooperating closely with internal departments such as product management and development, risk management, compliance and tax
- Master degree in law
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of European financial law, preferably as in-house counsel in financial services or within a law firm
- Good knowledge of the UCITS and AIFMD environment. More advanced knowledge of the Luxembourg fund management industry is a plus
- Ability to dive into details without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Ability to operate in an adequate and convincing manner under commercial pressure within tight deadlines
- Customer focus, being able to build and sustain relationships and delivering business solutions
- Excellent communication skills (managing expectations and commitments)
- Working independently
- High degree of analytical skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
We offer you
- The opportunity to join an experienced, open and informal legal team in an international, professional and dynamic environment
- Challenging opportunity with autonomy, variety and career development within one of the top players in the asset management industry
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices and offer the opportunity to develop your personal and professional competencies in an international working environment
- 32-40 hour working schedule
- An attractive and competitive salary package being a position in job grade 12 (haylevel 18: NL Legal Level 5)
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please call Carola Boden (Managing Counsel) on +31 (0)6 206 10 340. Any questions about the application process? Please call our recruiter Natalia Szymanski on +31 0630081147.
More information about our application process can be found here.