Your department and challenge:
The Legal department of NN Investment Partners (NNIP) consists of approximately 40 professionals in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, the Czech Republic, Japan and Singapore.
As Legal Counsel Capital Markets you will be based in our The Hague office.
Your main responsibilities:
- Drafting, negotiating and executing documentation for capital markets Transactions, primarily ISDA master agreements, CSAs, MCAs, OTC clearing agreements and ancillary documentation as well as repurchase agreements (GMRAs), securities lending activities (GMSLAs), futures/ETD clearing agreements and custody agreements.
- Assessing and implementing applicable regulatory and industry changes affecting the trading and the documentation of such transactions.
- Communication and stakeholder management: including regular alignment with internal clients with respect to client/portfolio targets and requirements, compliance with applicable policies and regulations, implementation and execution timelines.
- Process management: responsible for adequate progress control of negotiations and files to ultimately finalise agreements and files within agreed timelines ensuring input and approval from relevant stakeholders as well as compliance with applicable governance and regulations. Facilitating approval/sign-off, execution and safekeeping of completed agreements and communication of agreed terms with relevant departments within NN Investment Partners.
Your experience and skills
- University (Master’s level) degree in Law, preferably Dutch or English law.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the legal profession in the field of negotiating the above-mentioned documentation.
- Experience with regulations applicable to the asset management industry and particularly capital markets: EMIR, SFTR, MIFIDII/MIFIR, Dodd Frank etc
- Affinity with risk management and/or relevant work experience in all aspects of credit or counterparty risk management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
Customer focus – consistent drive to offer solutions to our clients and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment to deliver on their expectations.
Critical thinking & problem solving skills– skilled at thinking about a topic in an objective and critical way, determining the importance and relevance of ideas, building and evaluating arguments and reaching the best possible solution.
Team mentality – partnering effectively with team members and stakeholders to reach common goals in a timely manner.
Learning agility – curiosity and openness to novel approaches and acquiring new knowledge and skills to remain competitive.
What we have to offer you
There is more than an average degree of creativity and entrepreneurship needed to build success in your area of expertise. NN IP challenges you, but also gives something in return. We offer:
- Work with some of the most talented people in your field with the ambition to operate as a top tier global asset manager
- A stimulating, open and informal work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits (NN IP job grade 11/12 depending on candidate level)
- 36-40 hour working schedule
About NN Investment Partners
NN Investment Partners is the asset manager of NN Group N.V., a publicly traded company listed on Euronext Amsterdam. NN Investment Partners is head-quartered in The Hague, The Netherlands. NN Investment Partners in aggregate manages approximately EUR 244 bln* (USD 288 bln*) in assets for institutions and individual investors worldwide. NN Investment Partners employs over 1,200 staff and is active in 15 countries across Europe, U.S., Latin America, Asia and Middle East.
NN Investment Partners is part of NN Group N.V., a publicly traded corporation.
* Figures as of 30 September 2017, EUR 50 bln relates to the AuM of Delta Lloyd Asset Management
Application & contact
For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure you can contact Natalia Szymanski, Recruitment Team, via email Natalia.Szymanski@nn.nl
Note that applications via e-mail and third party applications are not taken into consideration.