Senior Information Risk Management Officer
Group Risk Management is looking for a Senior Information Risk Management officer who supports the NN organization with managing information security risks. Candidates must have significant knowledge of IRM methods and techniques and Cybercrime developments and who shows leadership in identification and development of new IT Security initiatives, policies and processes to mitigate (new) threats.
Your impact as a Senior Information Risk Management Officer
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
- Facilitating and monitoring the design and testing the operational effectivness of IT controls and processes.
- Challenge the first line in implementing a secured architecture aligned with the business goals and future plans.
- Tracking progress status around remediation activities to close gaps from policy compliance assessments and various other risk assessments.
- Performing expert based risk assessments (and facilitate risk & control self assessments) on the CIO department
- Analysing IT incidents reported by staff and report lessons learned to the CIO management
From your own initiative and ambition, you achieve the best results:
- Development, planning, coordination and the execution of security awareness training in creating a strong risk aware culture within NN
- Development, maintenance and advice regarding the NN Group IT policies and Minimum Standards
- Timely and clear reporting to higher management, in which you explain the findings and recommendations in a motivating way
Just as you, as our Senior Information Senior Information Risk Management officer indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border)
- In-house training and personal skills training.
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for Group Operational Risk Management (GORM). GORM has 14 enthousiastic and experienced colleagues working on group ORM oversight and performing 2nd line activities for Corporate Staff Departments including CIO. Your colleagues are experienced in Operational Risk, Information Risk, Data Quality and Insurable Risk. The team of Information Risk Managers (6) is looking for a new colleague.
Next to a challenging job you obviously want to know who you will be working with. Check out the following blog and meet your new colleague Marc.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. Due to the coronavirus, most of the NN colleagues work from home. At the moment it is unclear when we can return to the office. The official location for this position is The Hague.
Critical skills of a Senior IRM Officer
Our ideal candidate has a University degree in Information Technology, Security or Audit, or equivalent and does not settle for the obvious answer. You keep probing until you get to the heart of a matter. Additionally, you can stand on your own two feet and are not easily flustered when you encounter a challenge. You have excellent social and communication skills in both Dutch and English; this is essential for conducting your audits and writing reports, but also to ensure that you are well connected with the various stakeholders. Finally, persuasiveness, flexibility and creativity are essential traits for this challenging, dynamic position.
- Multiple industry recognized certifications like RE, CISSP, CRISC, CSSP (Cloud), CPT is a big plus
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology is a big plus
- Passion and knowledge for IT and IT Security and modern cloud technologies.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent and natural communicator; excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Dutch), able to construct and explain a comprehensive, logical argument
- Thorough knowledge of IT governance and control frameworks.
- Understanding of complex IT environments including (legacy, hybrid cloud, virtualization, software defined networking).
Commit to NN
Do you have At least 5 years of professional experience in the IT Risk Management, IT Security or IT Audit with relevant experience in the Financial Services Industry and you recognize yourself in the mentioned above, then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the application button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Marc Bijsmans via +31(0)613244178. Do you have questions about the application process? Please contact Michele Borsjé via +31(0)6 46360105.