Senior ESG Data Scientist – Innovation and Responsible Investing platform
Do you want to drive innovation and co-create at the leading edge of investing using the latest technologies like NLP, machine learning & AI and combine this with Sustainability? If the answer is yes, this job might be perfect for you!
The Innovation and Responsible Investing platform is continuously looking for innovations, also in the area of ESG and Impact all to further enhance the investment process.
Our Data Scientist will drive research and innovation in the Sustainable area to generate new insights and additional value in the investment process. There are many traditional and alternative ESG data sources and NN IP is looking to research and analyze these to come to distinctive insights. NN IP aims to be a leader in responsible investing and our signature dish is research based ESG insights.
The Innovation and Responsible Investing platform of NN Investment Partners is a central platform within Investments. The platform inspires, facilitates and develops investment solutions for the investment departments. The goal is to contribute to improving returns and contribute to a more responsible society.
Responsible investing, an integral part of NN Investment Partners’ business, reflects an investment approach that goes beyond specific concerns about environmental and social sustainability. It is an embodiment of our values concerning active and responsible ownership. This set of values is a long-term view that we put to work to benefit our clients and society at large.
Meet your team
This vacancy is located within above mentioned platform, a team of 15 specialists who focus on investment technology (4), behavioral science (2) and responsible investing (9).
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners.
Most important job requirements:
- Present our efforts in this field to the outside world
- Research and analyze data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Actual knowledge of the latest developments regarding responsible investing and its debates
- Represent NN IP in a variety of research based partnerships
Your experience and preferred skills
- Appropriate Education
- Experience in the financial market industry
- Passion for sustainability combined with financial markets
- Creative and open mindset, ability to listen and express and communicate views
- Team player with strong sense for individual accountability
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Pro-activity and accuracy
- Client focussed and Commercial skills
- Degree in Econometrics / Mathematics or similar (PhD an advantage)
- Experience with programming languages like Python, SQL and/or R and know how to work with unstructured data
- Strong drive for innovation and integration of new technologies in investing
- Proven affinity with Data Science
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague
- Internally this position is plotted in job category: Investment Professional 4
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Any questions about the application process? Please contact Natalia Szymanski on Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about our application process can be found here.