We are looking for a Senior DevOps Application & Process Engineer to help NN Re in supporting and enhancing the core reinsurance and hedging platforms in cloud (Azure).
Meet your team
NN Re is a small organization in NN Group with around 65 people from almost 25 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex financial solutions, but within a small, start-up alike company.
To be successful in this job, you need to have experience in running IT processes (ITIL), supporting complex systems and have a good understanding of the underlying components such as operating systems, databases, network, etc. You will work closely with IT colleagues, external system vendors and users from the Finance and Hedging teams.
- Cooperate with users, developers and software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve incidents, plan implementation of changes and coordinate releases
- Ensure system availability according to SLAs, integrity of data and continuity of data processing
- Ensure up to date IT reporting and accuracy of CMDB
- Support platforms deployed to Azure cloud and underlying components, incl. Windows Server, MS SQL, .NET and java based application servers
- Support integration mechanisms NN Re platforms and external systems / providers
- Supports test planning and execution
- Continuously look for areas to simplify / improve / automate
- Experience in building / supporting complex solutions, preferably in a financial institutions
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Strong analysis and solution design skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Good command of spoken and written English
Additional highly desired skills / experience:
- Hands-on experience in programming (preferably C#) and scripting
- Hands on experience with Sapiens Insight package
- Experience in deploying solutions to Azure cloud supported by Microsoft Azure certificates
- Experience working with distributed systems used in complex mathematical/financial modeling
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Flexible and open minded, willing to learn
- Enjoys dealing with people, solving problems and working to achieve team objectives
- Clear communicator, verbal and in writing. Able to present ideas concisely to management
- Alignment with NN core values of Clear, Care and Commit.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Opportunity to play an important role in driving change within our business
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication
- 36-40 hour workweek
- Work location is The Hague
- Function in job scale 11, Hay level 17, depending on knowledge and experience
How to apply
Are you interested in this position, please apply directly online. The closing date of this vacancy will be May 12, 2019.
In case you have additional questions about the position or application process, please contact Mina Bahaj senior recruiter, at 06 15 06 62 45, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about our application process can be found here.