NN Re is a small organization in NN Group with around 65 people from more than 25 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex financial solutions, but with a small, start-up alike company.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Application Engineer to help NN Re in enhancing the core reinsurance and hedging platforms (inc. implementation of IFRS 17 directive), participate in cloud migration (Azure) and support the platform with underlying components afterwards.
To be successful in this job, you need to have experience in building/supporting complex systems and have a good understanding of the underlying components such as operating systems, databases, network, etc. You will work closely with IT colleagues, external system vendors and finance team.
- Cooperate with users, developers and software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Support users in translating business needs to technology designs
- Build and maintain Azure infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) for reinsurance and hedging platforms
- Support platforms deployed to Azure cloud and underlying components, inc. Windows Server, MS SQL, .NET and java based application servers
- Support integration mechanisms NN Re platforms and external systems / providers
- Supports test planning and execution
- Continuously look for areas to simplify / improve / automate
Required skills and experience
- Experience in building / supporting complex solutions, preferably in a financial institutions
- Strong analysis and solution design skills
- Hands-on experience in programming (preferably C#) and scripting
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Spoken and written English.
Additional highly desired skills / experience:
- Hands on experience with Sapiens Insight package
- Hands on experience in deploying complex solutions to Azure cloud
- Microsoft Azure certificates
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience working with distributed systems used in complex mathematical/financial modeling
- Personality requirements
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Flexible and open minded, willing to learn
- Enjoys dealing with people, solving problems and working to achieve team objectives
NN Group is an international organization that offers many career and development opportunities. You will work within the Information Management department of the CFO/Group Finance & Reporting organization
- Position for 36 hour, location The Hague. Occasional international travel may be required
- Excellent terms of employment with many possibilities to personalize
- Job grade 11 (dependent on experience and scope), with a competitive salary
- Healthy work-life balance and an exciting international environment
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via email@example.com , of +31 6 82 999 606 .