Do you want to drive innovation and research new (big) data sources and technologies? We have a great opportunity for a data scientist with a continuous drive for innovation.
Do you have excellent quantitative and data skills? Do you want to utilize these to combine the latest academic insights with in-depth market knowledge? If the answer is yes, this job might be perfect for you.
The Innovation and Responsible Investing platform is the Centre of expertise for Responsible Investing, Behavioral analysis, data and tooling, a.o. machine learning and new techniques.
Your team is responsible for a wide range of quantitative strategies & services provided across many investment teams residing within our Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset platforms. Empirical research, strategy development, portfolio optimization and risk analyses are core activities. You will contribute to the management and development of an agile and robust IT and Database infrastructure that supports and enables these activities. Your main responsibilities are software and database development, maintain quant IT platform, alignment and coordination with IT department and quant analysis.
In addition you will actively explore new data sources, and research new techniques like machine learning and others. You will work closely with your team members and other specialized investment teams.
Meet your team
This vacancy is located within the Innovation and Responsible Investing team, a team of 11 investment professionals consisting of data engineers, data scientists, and responsible investing advisors. Within this platform you will be part of the whole team, where your focus is on the very important data related aspects of investing. Location of the team is the Hague.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners.
Your experience and skills
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Degree in Statistics / Econometrics /Mathematics or similar (PhD an advantage)
- Software engineer with quantitative finance experience or quant analyst with database experience
- Advanced skills in data integration and engineering
- Practical knowledge of dimensional modeling techniques
- Programming skills (t-SQL, C#, R an advantage)
- Additionally, experience and skills in the following areas are advantageous:
- Micro services design
- Cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure
- Big data techniques, such as Spark or machine learning
- Problem analysis and judgment
- Strong communicative skills
- Leadership qualities
- Broad interest and knowledge of the latest relevant developments
- Professionalism/ Expertise/ Market focus
- Customer focus
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
Internally this will be a Investment Professional Level 3 or 4 position.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job or the application process? Please contact Senior Recruiter Natalia Szymanski at email@example.com or 06-30081147.
More information about our application process can be found here.