Senior Consulting Actuary
NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) is a Centre of Excellence for NN Group, focusing on top quality and efficient solutions. NN RAS operates from Budapest (Hungary), where this vacant role is based. As NN RAS, we serve as an internal centre of consultancy, training, innovation and automation. We support various quantitative departments at NN Head Office in the Hague (the Netherlands) and NN subsidiaries all over Europe. Due to the increasing demand from Business Units and Head Office, the team is in a continuous and dynamic growth. Actuaries, mathematicians, data scientists, physicists and software engineers form the multinational team of NN RAS.
We care for employee satisfaction with high levels of empowerment, plenty of development opportunities, focus on healthy work-life balance and modern working conditions.
NN RAS provides support in 5 professional areas as an internal consultancy:
- Economic Scenario Generation
- Quant Development
- Modelling & Scripting
- Cashflow Modelling
- Model Validation
NN RAS now opens a position to a Senior Consulting Actuary. In this role you will be involved in supporting NN Group’s Head Office and local entities risk and actuarial departments in specific temporary or regular activities. You will have a unique opportunity to leverage your proven expertise in modelling techniques and extend your business knowledge of various banking and insurance products and in IFRS17.
Your impact as a Senior Consulting Actuary at NN
- Providing actuarial consultancy support for NN Group’s Head Office and local entities risk and actuarial departments in specific temporary or regular activities, such as:
- reporting and
- valuations (under local GAAP, EV, Solvency II principles),
- Implementing new products and functionalities to cash-flow models,
- ALM analyses; IFRS17 project; Model validation tasks,
- Quantitative modelling projects, focusing on Python and R developments,
- Process review and optimization tasks,
- Good communication with all relevant stakeholders, mainly in English.
We also care about you
Here at NN, care is a core value. Just as you as our Senior Consulting Actuary indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. We offer great development opportunities within a professionally inspiring, yet familiar work environment. For your career development, we facilitate:
- Exciting challenges within a multinational work environment
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: skills and development are high priorities at NN RAS
- Competitive compensation scheme
- Modern and informal working conditions with room for individual choices
- International development possibilitie
Within the NN RAS Team, we work with a joint effort to deliver high-quality products to our clients from month to month. By joining us you will become part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues with a desire to always achieve the best for the customer. At the same time, you will experience open communication and mutual support towards each-other within the team.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
As a Senior Consulting Actuary, you will work from our beautiful, brand new office located in Budapest. We will offer you a local (no expat) contract with a competitive remuneration package according to the Hungarian labor market. We offer modern employment and working conditions with room for individual choices (ergonomic equipment, flexibility in working hours, opportunity to work remotely, etc.)
Critical skills of a Senior Consulting Actuary
- University degree in Econometrics, Financial Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in working in an actuarial function, in various fields
- Good understanding of insurance products and markets (knowledge of the Central European markets would be a plus)
- Experience with Cash Flow modelling softwares (AFM/R3S and/or Prophet and/or MoSeS/RAFM) is an advantage
- Advanced know-how in statistical modeling techniques is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Python and/or R and/or SAS is an advantage
- Good analytical and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- A pro-active team player that can also operate as an independent professional, is self-sufficient in prioritizing and doesn’t need guidance in the day to day business
- Willingness to travel
Commit to NN
You want to kick start your career in a dynamic company that offers plenty of future growth opportunities as well as the possibility to do assignments internationally? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Edina Balogh (Talent Acquisition Recruitment Specialist) at +36 70 3618063. Applications can also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; your files will be treated confidentially.