We are looking for a senior ALM & Hedging analyst to strengthen the ALM & Hedging team, which is part of the Financial Risk Management department of NN Group Risk. The team is responsible for the NN Group’s Solvency 2 ratio sensitivities and owner of ALM, liquidity and hedging related policies. One of the main objectives is to optimise NN Group’s investment risk profile by providing clear guidance on the risk-return framework. In addition, the team acts as a centre of expertise for ALM/SAA activities within the Group and business units. These responsibilities translate into a support and challenge role to local risk management departments and NN Group’s investment office, as well as into day-to-day support of NN Group’s senior management.
Meet your team
The ALM & Hedging team is a small team with large responsibilities. To execute these responsibilities, it is required that the team understands the dynamics of an insurance company and its key metrics including IFRS and Solvency 2. Obviously, extensive knowledge of ALM/SAA models and hedging processes is a must. The team also provides expertise in projects on new asset classes, balance sheet optimisation and product development.
Your main responsibilities
- Sharing best practices on ALM/SAA studies and hedging programmes, alignment of objectives and assumptions;
- Providing Group Risk opinions on proposals for the SAA, changes of the relevant policies and hedge programmes which lead to better quality decisions;
- Review and maintenance of relevant policies, standards and limits;
- Challenge, support and provide expert knowledge to business units and other stakeholders on ALM/SAA and hedging related topics, without taking over responsibilities;
- Providing guidance on how to optimise NN Group’s investment risk profile and balance sheet within the risk appetite and limits by consistent application of the risk-return framework;
- Being a regular sparring partner of the NN Group CRO and Group Committees.
NN is a large organisation. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Group.
- Academic Master’s degree in econometrics, actuarial science or other quantitative background combined with an affinity for the financial sector;
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience;
- Strong knowledge of Solvency 2 capital models and understanding the market value balance sheet;
- Preferred profile: first-hand experience with ALM/SAA and/or hedging activities in the financial industry (e.g. insurance, financial consultancy, pension fund);
- Fluent in English.
- Ambitious, energetic, pro-active, result driven, team player while being able to work independently;
- Highly analytical mind;
- Combining strong quantitative knowledge with common sense, creative and pragmatic in finding solutions to complex problems;
- First class expert in his/her own area with an outward focus, aware of and capable to monitor relevant developments and regulations on the specific insurance risk area;
- Strong communication skills – being able to both communicate effectively to senior management and to build relationships and work with various stakeholders;
- Ability to prepare well-structured and clear technical documents including summaries for management communication.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
o A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
o Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
o The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
o Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
o The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
o A position in job grade 12 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, Dennis Damoiseaux, Recruiter, via email@example.com , of +31 6 82 999 606 .