Senior Actuarial Risk Analyst
NN Re’s strategic goal is to optimize shareholder value with innovative reinsurance solutions and efficient hedging.
Within NN Group, NN Re is a relative small organization with around 65 people from more than 20 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
We offer intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Group’s insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. Enabling Solvency II optimization across NN Group using reinsurance is one of the main focuses of NN Re.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst reports to the Head of Risk Management of NN Re and is responsible for calculating and analysing the risk figures, improving and reviewing technical and analytical tools, monitor and review the product development process and perform stress testing analysis.
- Perform and review SCR reporting and SCR analysis;
- Develop and improve the modelling for SCR calculations;
- Perform analysis for reinsurance risk management operation;
- Perform stress testing and sensitivities analysis;
- Review the pricing of life and non-life reinsurance products;
- Coordinate communication and support between various departments within NN Re, with NN Group Risk Management departments, and with NN BU's across the world regarding matters that concern risk management.
Meet your team
This vacancy is in the Risk Management team of NN Re consisting of 7 FTEs.
NN Re manages very diverse risks from complex market risks to non-life. It requires a dedicated risk management team which is able to effectively identify and manage risks within the organization. As the second line of defence, we challenge the first line activities such as new reinsurance contracts as well as hedge strategy and performance of the VA Japan and Europe books. We also make sure the organization take risk and return into account when making business decision.
We are looking for a Senior Actuarial Risk Analyst to join our team.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN Group.
For this position it is important that you are independent, flexible, proactive and can deal with tight deadlines.
- Academic Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with a strong quantitative emphasis;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of Solvency 2 is required;
- Good programming skills in R and VBA and excellent knowledge of excel;
- Knowledge of NN Group Internal Model, Solvency 2 Standard Formula and reporting system is a plus.
- Pro-active, accurate and diligent work attitude;
- Able to translate theoretical outcomes to practical recommendations;
- Analytical Thinking;
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be effective while both working independently as well as part of a team;
- Flexible and open minded, willing to learn;
- Good communication skills, and proficient in in spoken and written English
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself;
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to performance excellence;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices;
- The job is for 36 to 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague;
- A position in job grade 10/11, hay level 17/18, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply?
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, please contact recruiter Ralph Roels.
More information about our application process can be found here.