As a DevOps Application Engineer you and your team are working on IT features using SAP FS-PM and MSG.PM. It also involves related applications for our Portals and Apps.
Our DevOps teams are fully dedicated on supporting one business-chain. Together with your team, it will be your responsibility to work on product - and other – IT features for your particular business chain. In order to do so you will heavily rely on your analyzing, customizing, developing, testing and implementing skills. Therefore, you report on progress and impediments on a daily basis. You will also manage the applications in an operational state. Hence you will function as a sparring partner for the Product Owner and act as a Scrum-master when necessary. It is your task to not only develop but also deliver the applications.
Do you seek for the best and do you thrive in a dynamic environment? Are you keen to embody change and support our DevOps way of working? Do you feel an untamable urge to optimize and automate working methods and/or applications? Good chance that we are looking for you as our new multi-skilled engineer!
Your challenge is to:
- Contribute towards our department's roadmap and the team's sprint planning (i.e. by defining and estimating user stories);
- Understand and analyze complex business processes in order to either translate the business challenges into fitting SAP/IT solutions or to optimize them;
- Provide feedback to your colleagues with the aim to support their personal development..
The SAP Generic team is supporting the business of Pension New Business. Your team members have both an IT as a business oriented way of thinking and working.
All of our DevOps teams are a balanced combination of onsite (Rotterdam) and nearshore (Belgrade) team members. You are a person who can bridge gaps in distance, language and culture.
The department has undergone a transition to an Agile way of working, and we will continue this journey towards DevOps. Together with around 180 professionals we are working on a strong and modern pension company. You will be working in the team SAP Generic within NN Life, Pension New Business, Change&IT.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience in and knowledge of Agile and Scrum
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both written and verbal)
- Experience and knowledge with SAP and Pensions is a pré, at least you should be willing to learn more about SAP and Pensions.
Your Personal Skills
- Learning agility, ownership and collaboration are very important competencies
- Strong customerfocus
- Analytical and creative
- You are a natural contributor to personal- and team development
- A challenging job in Rotterdam, professional teams and high engineering culture in an informal atmosphere with room for fun.
- Many possibilities for your development: learning and your development are important to Nationale-Nederlanden.
- Up to date compensations and working conditions and a lot of room for your own choices.
- This is a function in job scale 9 or 10 dependant on you knowledge and experience for 36 hours a week in Rotterdam. We will offer a one-year contract with the intention to extend this indefinitely.
Application & contact
Do you want to apply for this job? Use the button at the bottom of this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information on this job, please call with Mariska van Beem (SAP Generiek Manager), phone: +31 6 1539 2965 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. She is ready to answer your questions!
Any questions about this procedure? Please call with Anouk Mastwijk, Recruiter. She can be reached at +31 6 1527 2039.
Please note that only applications with CV and motivation letter will be dealt with. An assessment can be part of this procedure. Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.