The Investment Office (IO) is a shared service and Centre of Expertise for the Insurance Business Units (BU) of NN Group. The IO is primary responsible for the full investment process; starting from defining the investment strategy, performing a Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) study and translating it into an investment plan and coordinating a consistent and robust implementation .
Within the IO, the SAA team is responsible for a wide range of tasks, such as, performing the ALM/SAA studies for NN Group Dutch BU’s, advising and reviewing these for the international BU’s, developing market views, formulating the key risk-return assumptions and initiating new investment proposals.
The team is also involved in the investment guidelines calibration, portfolio construction, monitoring and evaluation for public market investment strategies.
With the various challenges arising from (changes in) financial market regulations and accounting standards as well as the increasing complexity and volatility of financial markets, we are looking for a quantitative person to extend our team.
Your main responsibilities:
You will help us in performing ALM/SAA studies for the Dutch Insurance Business Units of NN Group in close cooperation with other Group and BU risk and finance teams. Your will assist in developing and maintaining the existing SAA models. You will also perform empirical research in the area of asset allocation within an insurance balance sheet framework, and participate in various projects to deepen our insight into each of the SAA components.
Your experience and skills:
- You have a relevant Masters’ degree and strong analytical skills, preferably in a quantitatively oriented discipline (finance, econometrics, mathematics or engineering).
- You have a minimum of 5 years working experience, preferably with a financial, capital/risk management, insurance or actuarial background.
- You have strong quantitative and programming skills and you have the ability to quickly grasp and understand the workings of complex asset allocation studies. You are proficient in the main data mining techniques and optimisation models, knowledge of ALM/SAA techniques is a plus. You can programme in packages like MatLab or R, database management skills is a plus.
- You have a strong affinity working with numbers and have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are able to conduct sound quantitative analysis and empirical research, to prepare presentations as well as writing technical documentation.
- You are a structured, proactive and capable team player, ready to take on your responsibilities within the team and able to work and network across multiple teams.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing – knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
You will work in a team of 4 professionals, including yourself, that each have their area of attention.
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
o A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
o Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
o The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
o Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
o The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is Den Haag
o A position in job grade 11 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience;
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, please call recruiter Natalia Szymanski on +31 (0)70-513 3765 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.