NN Belgium is looking for a Risk Professional to join its Financial & Insurance Risk Management team. This team is responsible for managing the risks embedded in NN Belgium’s insurance business.
Your tasks will focus mainly on the modelling of liability cashflows and customer behaviour (lapse, mortality and disability). The team models these risks and ensures they reflect the future sufficiently to allow for solid financial planning. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical skills. Do you have a keen interest in cashflow modelling and data analysis of customer behaviour? Do you have at least five years' experience in insurance? And would you enjoy working with motivated colleagues from different departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance, Pricing, etc. – as well as with colleagues from other countries? Do you enjoy giving shape to the day-to-day running of projects and tasks within the team? If this sounds like you, then you may be the Risk Professional we are looking for!
The challenges awaiting you? The key elements in your new role at NN are the technical migration of our models (from Prophet to AFM), as well as making analyses of customer behaviour for the integrated company and the upgrade for IFRS 17. Supporting a team with wide-ranging technical expertise and prioritising their tasks as part of NN’s strategy will also put your leadership skills to the test.
- support the team by helping to prioritise incoming enquiries and by keeping the lines of communication to senior stakeholders open.
- help the team to grow by working on the personal development of the modelling experts and the team as a whole.
- support the analysis of the profitability and risk of the insurance portfolio by creating and maintaining the cashflow models and their assumptions used for all valuation exercises (Embedded Value, Economic Capital, Value of New Business).
- provide clear and powerful insights into the results obtained from the models and, more importantly, you will assist senior management in understanding and mitigating the modelling risk underlying the results obtained.
- provide accurate documentation about new developments and help keep existing documentation packages up to date.
- participate actively in technical committees regarding the modelling of insurance obligations and technical life insurance risks.
- a university degree (master’s or higher) in a quantitative subject (e.g. actuarial, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences, economics).
- at least five years of relevant work experience in risk management.
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various types of life insurance products.
- experience with actuarial modelling software; knowledge of AFM would be a bonus.
- an excellent command of English, Dutch and/or French.
- eager to learn
- a team-player
- accurate and precise
We especially welcome colleagues who invest in making a positive impact on the lives of other people: self-confident, considerate and genuine. Colleagues who actions reflect who they are and what they stand for. We aim to be a company where you can make a difference. With an open culture and a flat organisation structure. We operate in a way that allows everyone, regardless of their role or level of experience, to put forward good ideas. Ownership and entrepreneurship are critical in doing so.
We want you to work with us to help shape our company and our corporate culture. We want you to grow in your job and your career. And we encourage you to come and discover a work environment that is totally focused on the future.