NN Belgium is looking for a Risk Professional to join its Financial & Insurance Risk Management team. This team is responsible for managing the risks embedded in NN Belgium's insurance activities. Your tasks will mainly involve the modelling of liability cash flows and customer behaviour (lapse, mortality and disability). The team's role is to model these risks and ensure they reflect the future sufficiently adequate to allow for solid financial planning. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical skills. Do you have a keen interest in cash flow modelling and data analysis of customer behaviour? Do you have at least five years' experience in insurance? And would you enjoy working with motivated colleagues from different departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance, Pricing, etc., and with colleagues from other countries? Then you are the Risk Professional we are looking for!
The recent integration of NN and Delta Lloyd generates a wealth of challenges, of which the technical migration of our models (from Prophet to AFM), followed by the upgrade for IFRS 17 will be the key elements in your new role with NN.
- Support the analysis of the profitability and risk of the insurance portfolio by creating and maintaining the cash flow models and their assumptions used for all valuation exercises (Embedded Value, Economic Capital, Value of New Business)
- Provide clear and powerfull insights into results obtained from the models, and more importantly, support senior management in understanding and mitigating the modelling risk underlying the obtained results.
- Support the reporting team during peak periods, by contributing to the valuation or supporting in the review of obtained results
- Provide accurate documentation on new developments, and maintain existing documentation packages.
- Actively particpate in technical committees that treat modelling of Insurance Liabilities and Life Underwriting Risks.
- a university degree (graduate or post-graduate) in a quantitative subject (e.g. actuarial, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in risk management.
- a thorough command and understanding of the different types of life insurance products
- Experience with actuarial modelling software, knowledge of AFM is a plus
- an excellent command of English and Dutch and/or French.
- eager to learn.
- a team player.
- accurate and precise.
The location of employment for this role is Fonsnylaan 38, 1060 Brussels.
We especially welcome colleagues who invest in making a positive impact on the life of other people: self-confident, considerate and authentic. Colleagues whose actions reflect who they are and what they stand for. We want to be a company where you can make a difference. With an open culture and a flat organisational structure. We operate in a way that allows everyone to propose good ideas, no matter what their role or level of experience. Ownership and entrepreneurship are critical here.
We want you to work with us to help shape our company and our company culture. We want you to grow in your job and your career. And we encourage you to come and discover a work environment that is completely focused on the future.