Risk professional | NN Belgium | Brussels-Midi
NN is a life insurance provider with big ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most important for our clients: their families. We see this as a deeply personal issue, and want to stand out in that way.
With 1.4 million unique clients, 600 happy staff and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, we form part of a strong international group.
So potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN!
What difference will you make as a risk professional at NN?
As an insurance expert with an enormous talent for calculating and evaluating risks, you analyse trends and developments in customer behaviour and quantify the financial consequences for NN.
‘Nothing in this world is certain, except death and taxes’. Now, taxes aren’t what our business deals with, but death and the years that precede it are rather closer to home for our life assurance business. You handle the actuarial reporting of changes in client behaviour, such as lifespan, ageing and mortality. These changes are constantly tracked and compared with expected results. Your analysis ensures that portfolios can be properly valued or adjusted in good time.
- With your analytical skills you dive headlong into developments and financial manoeuvres in the ‘Life’ sector. You have a knack for setting up, testing and improving transparent processes. Here you work together with colleagues from different departments such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance and Pricing both in Belgium and abroad.
- As well as the proper valuation of insurance products, your analyses are key to consolidating and smoothing out a mix of back office processes and data flows. The end-goal here is to generate enough data to be able to complete the IFRS1 report.
- Success grows through collective solidarity and motivation. As part of a close-knit team you work not just for your own success but also that of your colleagues. Therefore you constantly share expertise and stimulate the growth and development
- of your colleagues so that you can together contribute to the ambitions of the organisation.
- You will be joining a team of four risk professionals and you report to the Manager Financial & Insurance Risk Management. Thanks to the flat structure and open communications in our organisation, there is a close, collegial working atmosphere where it is not unusual, for example, for the CFO to become actively involved and provide support and advice. Not just churning out dry figures, but together delivering real results. That is NN
What qualities does our ideal risk professional possess?
With your university degree in a discipline such as econometrics, mathematics, business economics or actuarial sciences and at least two years’ relevant work experience in financial analysis, ours is the right address for a good cup of coffee. If you also have a sound knowledge and a solid understanding of life insurance products, then it will certainly be an interesting discussion.
- As a risk professional we don’t need to explain that you need strong analytical abilities and to be very precise.
- But just staring at the numbers is not enough. This business calls for a big helping of teamwork. The ideal addition to the team is somebody supportive and assertive who also has good communication skills. You are happy to help others and your curiosity does not stop you from seeking help yourself and extending your knowledge that way.
- You are high skilled with Office applications, primarily Excel, Access and Visual Basic. For processing data and analysing and optimising processes, knowledge of SQL/Python or R is highly valuable.
- Lastly you have reasonably good English, both spoken and written. You can also express yourself fluently in Dutch or French, with a basic knowledge of the other language.
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
- NN needs people like you, authentic and committed, who want to give the best of themselves for our clients, with fresh ideas and a drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and obvious. But above all, people with a unique personality that makes them stand out. So knowing yourself is key. We value that at NN! How?
- From us you can expect an attractive salary, supplemented with benefits such as group and hospitalisation insurance, luncheon vouchers and ecocheques, 20 days annual leave and 12 compensation days.
- You get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward. The offer is broad: customised training pathways, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning, …
- At NN we know how important relaxation is! That’s why we aim for a good balance between work and private life. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group classes make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creativity another nudge, we also provide a smart, fully modernised working environment where you can feel at home, located in lively Brussels, literally right beside Brussels-Midi station.
Want to apply?
Do you want to put your professional knowledge, talent and drive to work to limit financial risks? NN welcomes potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients! Apply now directly and send us your CV and covering letter via the button.