NN is a life insurance company with great aims and aspirations in Belgium. We believe that insuring the lives of our customers is a very personal matter. This is because it involves protecting what is most precious to them: their family and their nearest and dearest. To be able to do that, we need people like you: people who focus on the human being behind the customer, people who give the best of themselves every day with fresh ideas, natural drive and who demonstrate a sense of initiative, pushing things forward until the matter in hand has been completed successfully.NN Belgium is looking for a Risk Professional to join its Financial & Insurance Risk Management team. This team is responsible for managing the risks embedded in NN Belgium’s insurance business.
Your duties will involve tracking financial movements that are the result of expected developments within the portfolio and customer behaviour (lapse, mortality and disability). You will constantly be monitoring insights into current movements of the portfolio and comparing them with the projected results. Your analyses will ensure that the portfolios are correctly valued and that making the right adjustments can be scheduled wherever necessary. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with very good analytical skills. Do you have a keen interest in the financial movements of an insurance portfolio? Would you like to work with a highly motivated team of colleagues from different departments within NN Belgium, such as Actuarial Reporting, Finance, Pricing, etc. – as well as with colleagues from other countries? Do you have the ability to put efficient and transparent processes in place? If this sounds like you, then you may be the Risk Professional we are looking for!
The challenges awaiting you? You will be processing the available data as part of a changing IT landscape. The full range of back offices and data flows are currently being made uniform and the team’s analyses are essential for bringing these projects to a successful conclusion. These projects are intended to upgrade sufficient details for enabling the future IFRS 17 reporting requirements.
- be responsible for obtaining and processing information the financial movements of our insurance portfolio.
- provide analyses to senior management for explaining changes to the portfolio
- maintain and improve the process and set out procedures relating to it.
- work as part of the team and maintain the sharing of knowledge with your fellow experts
- share your expertise with the IT & business support teams as part of projects and customer support
- a university degree (master’s or higher) in a quantitative subject (e.g. actuarial, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences, economics).
- at least 2 years of relevant work experience in financial analysis
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various types of life insurance products.
- experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel / Access / VBA), knowledge of Python/R/SQL would be a plus
- an excellent command of English, as well as good knowledge of Dutch or French.
- eager to learn
- a team-player
- accurate and precise
NN is a life insurance company with great aims and aspirations in Belgium. We believe that insuring the lives of our customers is a very personal matter. This is because it involves protecting what is most precious to them: their family and their nearest and dearest. To be able to do that, we need people like you: people who focus on the human being behind the customer, people who give the best of themselves every day with fresh ideas, natural drive and who demonstrate a sense of initiative, pushing things forward until the matter in hand has been completed successfully.
We especially welcome colleagues who invest in making a positive impact on the lives of other people: self-confident, considerate and genuine. Colleagues who actions reflect who they are and what they stand for. We aim to be a company where you can make a difference. With an open culture and a flat organisation structure. We operate in a way that allows everyone, regardless of their role or level of experience, to put forward good ideas. Ownership and entrepreneurship are critical in doing so.
We want you to work with us to help shape our company and our corporate culture. We want you to grow in your job and your career. And we encourage you to come and discover a work environment that is totally focused on the future.