Are you our new Risk Manager to strengthen the Risk Management Oversight team? Risk Management Oversight is responsible for risk management oversight of the NN Group’s insurance entities, NN Bank and NN Investment Partners.
You will evaluate the quality of risk management in the business units and manage and organize the Risk information flow to the Management Board and the Supervisory Board to ensure they are timely aware of any material risks.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding, articulation and documentation of key risks at the BU levels, including priorities and plans for successful resolutions of key risk issues;
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of BUs and their landscape; Ensure sufficient business knowledge is present in the Risk Management Oversight team;
- Advise senior management on financial and non-financial risks in the business units providing clear, consistent, understandable and actionable risk management information;
- Challenge and support local risk management, without taking over local responsibilities;
- Communicate and advise on issues and potential improvements of local 2nd line risk functions;
- Identify and assess cross-unit risks and opportunities that are material for the Group or one of its reporting segments;
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business units and at Group, including but not limited to CRO’s, risk teams, Finance, Corporate Audit Services and investment manager.
Meet your team
Risk Oversight is a multi-disciplinary team of 9 people, who review, challenge and support the risk management activities of the NN Group business units (NL and International) with a focus on oversight, policies and advice.
The department achieves its objectives through a solid understanding of the business and the landscape in which it operates, and regular interaction with business units and key stakeholders at Group such as other Group departments, Corporate Audit Services, CRO NN Group, CEO NL, CEO International and other MB members. Risk Management Oversight also interacts on a regular basis with the external auditor and regulators.
Risk Management Oversight is responsible for risk management oversight of the NN Group’s insurance entities, NN Bank and NN Investment Partners.
For our new Risk Manager position, we are looking for someone with:
- 3-8 years of experience in the financial industry;
- Knowledge of insurance, banking and asset management business. Knowledge of at least one of these industries is required;
- Master’s Degree preferably in science, mathematics, econometrics, or economics; quantitative skills essential;
- An interest in the full ERM spectrum of risk: financial, insurance, operational, strategic;
- Quantitative / Actuarial background;
- Excellent communication and people skills to build working relations within the team, with business units and with senior stakeholders;
- Customer focused with well-developed consultancy skills to assure that stakeholders are serviced in a professional manner.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Professional, enthusiastic and experienced colleagues;
- The opportunity to develop yourself into an all-round risk manager;
- Broad exposure to a complex and challenging international business environment;
- Ability to engage with senior leadership and influence key decision processes;
- A position in Hay level 16/17 depending on knowledge and experience;
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy before Monday 24.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job or recruitment process, please connect with Ralph Roels, NN Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about our application process can be found here.