Managing risks requires a vision for the future
Financial Risk Management (FRM) is looking for a Risk Manager with expertise in the field of Non-Life and Income. We are looking for an analytical and communicative expert who is independently responsible for advising on, assessing and managing underwriting risks.
Your responsibilities include:
- Giving advice to employees, management and the Management Board about managing financial (primarily underwriting) risks from an autonomous, second-line role;
- Acting as a link for the business when it comes to risk management, but also identifying opportunities and risks and appropriate control measures to improve risk awareness and ownership in the business;
- Analysing the pricing and underwriting process and determining the associated financial risks to safeguard adequate risk management with the business;
- Contributing to the development and updating of the Partial Internal Model and validating proper implementation.
Meet your team
In addition to a challenging job, you would of course also like to know more about your colleagues.
The FRM (Financial Risk Management) department is made up of eight enthusiastic colleagues. Together they are responsible for managing the financial and underwriting risks. The team also guarantees the balance between risk and return.
Watch the video below to get a better idea of the team you will be joining.
NN is an organisation that offers lots of opportunities. If you join us, you will be working in the NN Non-life & Income business unit.
- We are looking for a candidate who:
- has a degree in Econometrics, Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences;
- has at least three years’ relevant non-life and/or income experience;
- has excellent communication skills, both oral and written (preferably in English, too)
- has strong analytical skills and does not shy away from challenges;
- is curious and enterprising; and
- is somebody who is prepared to keep asking questions and is able to work autonomously;
- Your personal qualities also play an essential role.
What we offer you
- The value we place on our people is of course also reflected in our employment terms and conditions, which to a large extent can be tailored to your personal requirements. We offer you:
- a varied working environment in which your expertise can be fully utilised and is valued;
- a personal development plan that offers plenty of opportunities for growth and development;
- a collaborative working atmosphere in which work-life balance is closely monitored;
- the option of flexible working hours and the option of working from home;
- job grade 11, Risk Management, level 3 (hay level 18), depending on your know-how and expertise;
- a 36-hour working week, based in The Hague;
- a contract for one year with the intention of converting it into an open-ended contract.
You can find out more about our employment terms and conditions here.
Would you like to apply?
Are you the person we are looking for? If you are, please apply directly using the button under this vacancy. If you have any questions or would like more information about the job, contact Jolanda Roos (Head of FRM) by emailing email@example.com. For questions about the recruitment process, you can contact Mina Bahaj on telephone number 06-15066245. You can find out more about our recruitment process here.