This role is positioned in a fast paced and international environment. It requires a strong combination of reward knowledge & experience, conceptual & analytical capacities, and a hands-on mentality.
We have a great opportunity for a Reward Specialist in the NN Group Reward team. In this position, you will closely work with Reward Relationship Managers and Sr Reward Specialist in advising the HR Directors and the broader HR teams, along with managers of the various NN Group Businesses on day-to-day matters relating to the remuneration policy and execution.
Furthermore, depending on your personal preferences, and business needs, you may contribute towards several reward expertise areas. This can for example include activities in the area of remuneration regulations/governance, benchmarking, remuneration for our international business units and the design and facilitation of the annual pay review, being our largest annual project. On a day to day basis this role also contributes to providing advice on hires, terminations, remuneration changes and preparing documentation. Next to that, you will have the opportunity to contributing towards drafting/revising and implementing remuneration policies, processes and tooling taking into consideration internal and external developments and requirements.
Your impact as a Reward Specialist at NN
- Be one of the key players in the compensation analyses within the team.
- Contribute to improved or new remuneration policies, procedures and processes, tools and system (such as Workday) and support an effective roll out.
- Prepare advice and reports for the NN Group and Business Unit Compensation Committees, and may contribute to remuneration materials in relation to Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board meetings, in close cooperation with Reward Relationship Managers and Sr Reward Specialists in the team.
- Support the annual remuneration regulatory process, including the selection of Identified Staff, Risk Analysis, external publications (such as the annual report) and the development & monitoring of the correct execution of the rewards governance model.
- Contribute to specialist advice to Heads of HR, and managers of various business units within NN Group on all reward related matters, including hiring, terminations, and changes in remuneration packages.
- Prepare/review remuneration proposals and draft contracts for senior managers.
Using your own initiative and ambition, you achieve excellent results:
- By performing compensation analysis and by turning data into insights, your work makes a real impact to the NN business and for our employees.
- A successful conclusion of the annual NN Group wide pay review.
- With a get-things-done mentality support the team where needed in realising the priorities and objectives in the Reward domain.
We also care about you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself; craftsmanship and development are our top priority.
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
Whatever we do, we do it together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Thanks to your efforts, NN Group is able to attract and retain talented professionals around the world. You offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your customer-oriented attitude helps to support the business in achieving its goals.
Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must focused on our (internal) customers. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. This job is for 40 hours per week.
As a Reward Specialist you will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. Of course, you also have the possibility to work from home. Our The Hague office is near the beach, and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of a Reward Specialist
The critical skills for the Reward Specialist role are as follows:
- 2+ years in relevant compensation function/department
- Understanding of Dutch, European and Global compensation and benefits practices (essential)
- Experiences in working in an international environment, and Financial Services experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; you love to work with data
- Able to draws conclusions based on remuneration analyses and advice on optimizing existing practices
- Proficient in Excel and good working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Project management skills, particularly in driving annual review process.
- As a Reward Specialist your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Gerco de Mare, via +31 (0)6 11094961. Questions about the application process? Please contact Michèle Borsjé via +31(0)6 46360105.