Are you getting excited about finding the return drivers in financial markets? Do you love to work with numbers and code mathematical problems? Do you enjoy using your creativity to solve complex problems?
As a research intern within the Factor Investing team you will gain knowledge about the theory and practice of factor investing in the corporate bond market and its derivatives. In particular, you will either focus on the application of credit default swap (CDS) indices or environmental, social and governance (ESG) ratings in (factor based) portfolio construction.
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
- Constructing and analyzing a high quality database
- Researching the strategy in a programming language
- Discussing results with researchers and portfolio managers.
- Writing a research report and presenting the results
Meet your team
This role is located within the Automated Intelligence (AI) Investing team, a team of 16 portfolio managers and data scientists who manage a range of funds for our clients across asset classes, including credit, multi-asset and equity in a global scope.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners.
We are looking for students who finalized their Bachelors degree and seeking to apply their quantitative skills in the investment industry. More specifically, candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Have a quantitative background (in mathematics, econometrics, statistics or similar)
- Proficient programming skills in R, knowledge of SQL
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Curiosity, eager to learn and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player who is willing to engage with other colleagues.
In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
You will be part of a team of quantitative portfolio managers that manages systematic factor-based investment strategies. You will get an inside look in the world of an active asset manager which allows you to discover your future. You will also get inspiration for potential topics for your master thesis. In addition, we offer you:
- an entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- a multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development
- internship allowance of €600,- based on an 36-hours workweek.
How to apply
- Students have to be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
- Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.
- Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 06-10816801 (WhatsApp is also an option, please mention the job id in your message) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.