Are you the new portfolio manager we are looking for?
NN Re offers intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Group’s insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. Enabling Solvency II optimization across NN Group using reinsurance is one of the main focuses of NN Re.
Your main responsibilities lie in the field of portfolio- and claim management, but also in supporting the account managers for both Life and Non-Life business. You will work in close cooperation with two other (more senior) portfolio managers in the team.
Meet your team
NN Re is the internal reinsurer of NN Group. NN Re is a relative small organization with around 65 people from more than 20 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
This vacancy is in the Reinsurance Solutions team of NN Re, the front office team of NN Re consisting of 12 FTE. The team is responsible for advising the NN business units on the field of reinsurance, designing and pricing reinsurance solutions, placing contracts in the market, performance and claims monitoring, and maintaining the relationship with its external partners. The Reinsurance Solutions team is one of NN Re’s major strategic teams as reinsurance becomes increasingly important within international insurance groups to optimize capital and results.
Your main responsibilities
- Portfolio management. E.g. monitor and update statistical overviews, to provide to various internal and external stakeholders. This includes advise on potential termination of current contracts, and also commutations and novations regarding run off books
- Claim management. Handling incoming claims from clients and also recovering claims from external reinsurers.
- Review and process monthly reports from BUs (both claims and premiums, commission, profit commission statements etc.)
- Manage Facultative closings, like drafting Cover notes and providing Finance with needed documents to process payments
- Setting up and maintaining a Reinsurance Counterparty Exposure list
- Perform Business Partner and Customer Due Diligence
- Result driven attitude, precise
- Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (insurance and/or reinsurance);
- Pro-active, accurate and diligent work attitude
- Able to translate theoretical outcomes to practical recommendations;
- Analytical Thinking
- Must be effective while both working independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible and open minded, willing to learn
- Good communication skills, and proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of the NN Group business units as well as working in an international environment is an advantage.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners.
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
- The job is for 36 to 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
- A position in job grade 8 or 9, hay level 14 or 15, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy before Monday May 27.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered.
For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, please contact recruiter Mina Bahaj via email@example.com.
More information about our application process can be found here.