Quantitative Model Developer
Have you ever wondered how to improve the company inside through quantitative developments? NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) opens a position to Quantitative Model Developer. In this role you will have the opportunity to help NN entities with quantitative developments in the field of actuarial, risk, finance and even in marketing.
As a member of the Modelling & Scripting team you would be involved in developments related to technologies R, Python and Power BI. We aim to transition the whole company into a more efficient working environment by offering them innovative developments, automation and trainings.
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
- Understanding quantitative business requirements and translate it to actual models
- Developing risk, actuarial and data science models in Python and R
- Creating new ideas for developments, such as automation or data science
- Good communication with all relevant stakeholders, mainly in English
Meet your team
NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) is an NN company supporting NN Group’s Head Office in The Hague, Netherlands as well as all European local entities, in actuarial and insurance mathematics related projects. NN RAS has about 30 employees and is located in the same building as NN Insurance Hungary in the city centre of Budapest.
The core tasks of NN Risk and Actuarial Services (NN RAS) are of cash flow and other quantitative model development and testing, process automation, giving trainings, economic scenario generation (ESG) and IFRS17. Employees typically rotate between these tasks. The team is international and depending on position can include travelling to our clients at NN entities across Europe.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN RAS.
- Advanced know-how in statistical modeling techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Python and/or R or having a strong programming background
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Good analytical and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- A pro-active team player that can also operate as an independent professional, is self-sufficient in prioritizing
In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Challenging opportunity within an exciting multinational, yet informal work environment
- Becoming part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: skills and development are high priorities at NN RAS
- International development possibilities: exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines (in NN RAS and NN International entities) and the opportunity to learn from them
- Modern working conditions with plenty of room for personal choices
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is Budapest, Hungary.
- A position in Hay Level 14/15/16, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- An indefinite contract will be offered.
How to apply
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job or the application process, please contact Lili Horvay, Recruitment Specialist on +36 30 7908489 or on Horvay.Lili@nn.hu.