Quantitative Model Developer
Have you ever wondered how to improve the company inside through quantitative developments? NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) opens a position to Quantitative Model Developer. In this role you will have the opportunity to help NN entities with quantitative developments in the field of actuarial, risk, finance and even in marketing.
Your impact as a Quantitative Model Developer at NN
As a member of the Modelling & Scripting team you would be involved in developments related to technologies R, Python and Power BI. We aim to transition the whole company into a more efficient working environment by offering them innovative developments, automation and trainings.
Using your own initiative and ambition, you achieve excellent results:
- Understanding quantitative business requirements and translate it to actual models
- Developing risk, actuarial and data science models in Python and R
- Creating new ideas for developments, such as automation or data science
- Good communication with all relevant stakeholders, mainly in English
We also care about you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Challenging opportunity within an exciting multinational, yet informal work environment
- Becoming part of a hard-working, international team with professional and expert colleagues
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: skills and development are high priorities at NN RAS
- International development possibilities: exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines (in NN RAS and NN International entities) and the opportunity to learn from them
- Modern working conditions with plenty of room for personal choices
- The job is for 40 working hours a week and the location is Budapest, Hungary.
- A position in Hay Level 14/15/16, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
- An indefinite contract will be offered.
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Meet your team
NN RAS (Risk and Actuarial Services) is an NN company supporting NN Group’s Head Office in The Hague, Netherlands as well as all European local entities, in actuarial and insurance mathematics related projects. NN RAS has about 30 employees and is located in the same building as NN Insurance Hungary in the city centre of Budapest.
The core tasks of NN Risk and Actuarial Services (NN RAS) are of cash flow and other quantitative model development and testing, process automation, giving trainings, economic scenario generation (ESG) and IFRS17. Employees typically rotate between these tasks. The team is international and depending on position can include travelling to our clients at NN entities across Europe.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN RAS.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
Whatever your supporting role within the business, you offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your customer-oriented attitude helps to encourage your colleagues. Together with NN, you help the whole world through various CSR projects. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Quantitative Model Developer, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. The beach is just around the corner, and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of a Quantitative Model Developer
- Advanced know-how in statistical modelling techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Python and/or R or having a strong programming background
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Good analytical and communication skills in English, both oral and written
- A pro-active team player that can also operate as an independent professional, is self-sufficient in prioritizing
- In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job or the application process? Please contact Edina Balogh, RAS Recruitment Specialist on +36 70 361 8063 or on Balogh.Edina@nn.hu.