The Risk Models team is part of the Financial Risk Management department of NN Group Risk. This team is the owner of the central Solvency II financial risk models. These models are used to determine the capital buffer required to run our company, and are an important input for managing the risks on the NN balance sheet. Also the department sets technical standards for these risks and manages the overall NN Group model governance.
Meet your team
The Risk Models team is responsible for setting and maintaining all central financial risk methodologies. This includes development and calibration of the financial risk models, monitoring ongoing appropriateness, as well as owning the methodology on how the shocks resulting from those models are applied to the balance sheet by means of asset modelling and replicating portfolios of the liabilities.
- Regular review and maintenance of central market risk models, replicating portfolios and risk aggregation
- Ensuring a strong involvement of key stakeholders in the process of model review, including business units, investment office and the Group Model Committee
- Design, facilitate implementation and monitor policies and minimum standards
- Supporting business units and investment office in using the internal model to optimize our market risk profile and manage our risk
- Provide expert knowledge to business units and other stakeholders
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Group
- Academic Master’s degree in econometrics, actuarial science or other quantitative background combined with an affinity for (financial) risk
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience
- Proven record of excellence in the field of risk management
- Strong knowledge of Solvency 2 capital models and understanding the market value balance sheet
- Knowledge of Matlab (or R) and Excel is a prerequisite
- Preferred profile: risk model management related activities in the financial industry (e.g. insurance, financial consultancy, pension fund).
- Fluent in English
- Ambitious, energetic, pro-active, result driven, team player while being able to work independently
- Highly analytical mind
- Ability to support and direct a junior team member when required
- Combining strong quantitative knowledge with common sense intuition/business sense, finds creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- First class expert in his/her own area with an outward focus. Is aware of and monitors relevant developments and regulations on the specific insurance risk area.
- Strong communication skills – being able to both communicate effectively to senior management as well as to build a relationship and work with users of the model
- Ability to prepare well-structured and clear technical documents including summaries for management communication
We offer you
- The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is The Hague
- A position in job grade 11 or 12 depending on knowledge and experience
- A one- year contract
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Would you like to comment on this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy. For questions call recruiter Dennis Damoiseaux, telephone 031 – 6 82 999 606 , or email@example.com
More information about our application process can be found here.