NN Re’s strategic goal is to optimize shareholder value with innovative reinsurance solutions and efficient hedging.
Within NN Group, NN Re is a relative small organization with around 65 people from more than 20 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
We offer intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Group’s insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. Enabling Solvency II optimization across NN Group using reinsurance is one of the main focuses of NN Re.
Meet your team
This vacancy is in the Reinsurance Solutions team of NN Re, the front office team of NN Re consisting of 12 FTE. The team is responsible for advising the NN business units on the field of reinsurance, designing and pricing reinsurance solutions, placing contracts in the market, performance and claims monitoring, and maintaining the relationship with its external partners. The Reinsurance Solutions team is one of NN Re’s major strategic teams as reinsurance becomes increasingly important within international insurance groups to optimize capital and results.
We are looking for a pricing expert to join our team. The candidate is responsible for developing models for pricing reinsurance transactions for both life and non-life business and will work in close cooperation with other (more senior) pricing experts in the team.
Your main responsibilities
- Develop and maintain (complex) pricing models on a variety of reinsurance contracts, both in traditional reinsurance as well as capital management solutions.
- Academic Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with a strong quantitative emphasis
- Good communication skills
- In depth knowledge of option pricing methodology and actuarial principles
- Good programming skills in R and VBA and excellent knowledge of excel
- Result driven attitude, precise
- Team player with hands-on attitude, flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere, collegiality and open communication;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself;
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client, the company and our business partners;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices;
- The job is for 36 to 40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague;
- A position in job grade 8, hay level 15, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy before Monday March 25.
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, please contact recruiter Ralph Roels.
More information about our application process can be found here.