Partnership Manager eCommerce
The Partnership Manager eCommerce is responsible for business development and structuring high-impact partnerships between NN Group and European eCommerce platforms. Areas of focus are a.o. e-Bikes, Real Estate and Gig Economy. This is a unique opportunity to accelerate transformation and innovation in NN Group.
Your impact as Partnership Manager eCommerce at NN
As NN we believe that partnering with third parties is essential to accelerate our transformation and innovation efforts. To grow and nurture this partnering capability we established a separate team Business Development within our Strategic Transformation Office. This Business Development team is responsible for partnering & venturing. The team supports business managers in engaging co-development projects and other forms of cooperation with third parties.
This particular vacancy in our team is created specifically to support the Business Manager eCommerce.
Key responsibilities of Business Development are:
- Monitor relevant market developments and startups that are of interest for NN Group
- Grow and maintain relevant networks in the eCommerce and insurtech domains
- Assess and select prospected partners and structure strategic partnership
- Contribute to building the relevant partnering capabilities in the NN organization
- Orchestrate all essential activities – including leading multidisciplinary teams – towards a strategic partnership
As Partnership Manager you are responsible for the entire process, from scouting and exploring joint opportunities all the way up to closing commercial long term contracts. Elements in such journeys are: scouting/screening the market and our networks, establishing a multidisciplinary team for each project, setting up the (financial) business case, leading contract negotiations and Due Diligence (if required).
Simultaneously you evidently contribute to building the Business Development team, like develop tooling, standard approaches/processes etc.
In this role you operate relatively stand-alone and have a lot of space to find your own effective way of working. You report to the Head of Business Development.
Here at NN, care is a core value – care for our customers as well as our employees. You care for our customers’ needs, and as your employer, NN cares for yours. We offer great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. For your career development, we offer you:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Centre
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border)
- In-house training and personal skills training
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
You will be part of the Strategic Transformation Office (STO) of NN Group. STO is responsible for bringing innovation to NN’s business, and has over 50 people are working with great enthusiasm on new concepts. This is a dynamic and inspiring environment, and the people are keen to help you, test ideas and bring them to life.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator. As a company, we have set up a number of subsidiaries as we have grown: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Partnership Manager eCommerce, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague or Amsterdam.
Critical skills of the Partnerships Manager eCommerce
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and proven track record in closing strategic deals
- Experience and seniority to act on board level, build relationships and trust
- Oversight and leadership in complex situations
- A keen eye for business models and ability to quickly assess threats and opportunities of possible partnerships
- Develop and Implement strategic plans
- Commercial Drive and eager to cease opportunities
- Proven track record on structuring and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Endurance and creativity to resolve drawbacks, be able to keep thinking towards solutions
Commit to NN
Are you capable of find the right partners and contribute – and be part of – a dynamic team of professionals? We would like to get to know you! Please upload your resume.
Do you have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact René Smit (Head of Business Development) via +31620435751 or our recruiter Michèle Borsjé via +316 46360106.