Operational Officer Fund Order Routing
You are an ambitious professional who enjoys working at the center of a complex, international organization and you are now looking for a chance to broaden your perspective. As fundorder routing and cashflow oversight officer, you will have that opportunity. If you have eye for detail and like to be in control than this might be the perfect job for you!
The Middle Office (MO) is part of Investment Operations and is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. The daily processes are being executed by our off-shore team in Pune, India. The team in The Hague is responsible for monitoring the timely and correct execution of those processes (oversight) and to manage change, exceptions and incidents. The department services both the front office (portfolio managers) as well as the back office (i.e. accounting) the best possible way to ensure correct & timely execution of our processes. The team is dedicated in providing the best service by being client focused, eager to improve processes by seeking for efficiency and proactive in staying up to date with market changes.
The Middle Office consists of the departments Trade Processing, Asset Servicing and Alternative Investment Operations. The responsibility of the departments is as follows:
Trade Processing responsible for trade matching and settlement of fixed income, equity, exchange traded derivative and over-the-counter (OTC) derivative trades. Next to this, the department is responsible for collateral management for OTC derivatives, fund order routing and cash flow processing.
Asset Servicing is responsible for processing of corporate actions & income events (including class actions & proxy voting), reconciliation of our cash & holding records and tax reclaim & operational client support.
Alternative Investment Operations is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the alternative investments granted by NN Investment Partners on behalf of its clients. The department supports our Front Office in the feasibility assessment of the alternative investments and administrates these investments and the subsequent transactions.
The oversight officer has deep knowledge of the FOR/CF processes, monitors the timely and correct execution of those processes performed by offshore team and manages change, exceptions and incidents.
Other tasks are:
- Daily monitoring on the fund order routing and the cash flow processing tasks as performed by our off-shore team;
- Support the off-shore team with exception handling;
- Coordinate incident management;
- Develop, implement and maintain effective controls;
- Continuous improve & challenge the processes with the objective to pursue efficiency, risk mitigation, digitization and automation of the processes as much as possible;
- Ensure changes and transitions are implemented time and correct;
- Represent the team in departmental and interdepartmental meetings;
- Liaise with and support portfolio managers on onboarding new Transfer Agents;
We also care about you
Just as you indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
- In-house training and personal skills training.
Whatever we do, we do this together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NNIP; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
NN Investment Partners is part of NN. Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
Whatever your supporting role within the business, you offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your customer-oriented attitude helps to encourage your colleagues. Together with NN, you help the whole world through various CSR projects. Active in 18 countries with over 17 million customers, you understand our work must be faultless. We must continuously innovate and invest in an agile business model. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within all our subsidiaries.
Critical skills of an Operational Officer
You have a high learning agility, meaning you can easily adapt and absorb new information in a changing environment. Besides that:
- You have a higher educational level (HBO or WO), preferably with a focus on Finance or Economics
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the operational environment within the asset management industry.
- Experience in the Agile way of working, change driven
- Able to translate strategical direction into concrete actions
- Attention to detail, accurate & integer
- Independent, flexible, adaptable & decisive
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluency, written and verbal in English is essential. Dutch is an asset.
- Experience with BlackRock Aladdin is a pre.
- Ability to draw-up clear business requirements
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Operational Officer, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. The beach is just around the corner, and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of an Operational Officer
You have a high learning agility, meaning you can easily adapt and absorb new information in a changing environment. Customer experience is central to everything you do, this is towards the front office as well as your co-workers from Tech & Ops. Thanks to your well-developed communication and social skills, you accomplish this with ease. You draw the best out of yourself as well as those around you. If you can help someone, you do not think twice about it, and takes the responsibility and make it happen.
Commit to NNIP
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Klarien Mooijaart, Manager Trade Processing via +31 (0)683 63 98 34. Questions about the application process? Please contact Mina Bahaj [recruiter] via +31 (0)6 15066245,