NN Re is the reinsurance and hedging company of NN group. NN Re offers intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of the insurance business units and NN Group. NN Re operates the largest hedge book in NN Group to manage the VA risks reinsured from Japan and the European business units.
NN Re is a dynamic, and diverse, organization with around 87 FTE’s working in The Hague. Apart from this hedge book, NN Re has also traditional Life, Non-Life books and financial reinsurance books, which makes a diversified and variant portfolio of NN Re.
The Hedge Operations Team is responsible for the operational activities related to market and insurance risks of re-insured products sold in Japan and Europe. It uses various financial models to calculate the market risks of the VA portfolios and hedges the risk by applying various hedging strategies in close cooperation with the Hedge Strategy and Investment team.
The team consists of 3 working areas: Hedge Control & Cash Management, RiskControl & Hedging and PA Reporting.
As a result of an internal move, there is an open position for an Operational Officer B within the RiskControl team.
Your main responsibilities:
The Operational Officer B reports to the manager Hedging & Assets Operations and is part of the team that manages the day-to-day business of the VA portfolios.
These activities consist of:
- Running the daily operational risk management processes;
- Further development of the newly designed processes by using a.o. VBA / SQL programming skills;
- Analyzing the underlying investment portfolio using various quantitative methods;
- Performing UAT/integration testing of new models, methodologies and system components;
- Participate in developing new hedge infrastructure.
- Explain reported figures related to market movements and provide in-depth additional analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- Prepares periodic management reports on hedge related items;
- Analyzing business processes and propose improvements.
Your Experience and skills:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics/ finance, or IT with interest in Finance;
- Studying for FRM/ CFA or similar qualifications, or being prepared for future studies;
- knowledge on hedging and usage of derivatives;
- Interest in Financial Markets and related risk management processes;
- Good communication skills, and fluent in English;
- Flexible and open minded, no 9 to 5 mentality;
- Enjoys dealing with people, solving problems and working to achieve team objectives.
We offer you:
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package for a 36-40 hours working week and interesting training and education facilities;
- The team is based in The Hague;
- The job grade is 8.
- A temporary contract with the duration of one year.
Would you like to comment on this job? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy.
Do you have questions or would you like more information about the function or application process, call Hugo van Zelm van Eldik , telephone 070 513 80 67, or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated