Working closely with your colleagues in the Media Relations (MR) team, the key responsibilities include:
- Spokesmanship and Advice
- Co-develops and secures a consistent external messaging through pro- and reactive communication
- Acts as corporate spokesperson for NN Group (and the designated business units/brands) towards Dutch and international (financial) journalists and other external target groups
- Initiates and writes (financial) press releases for Dutch and international press
- Advises – after due analysis of the environment, the specific situation and the parties involved – the NN Group Management Board (MB), and senior management, on external reputation and strategic PR issues
- Supports and advises the MB, senior management and other professionals within the organisation with media interviews and other media issues
- Prepares Q&A documents, and presentations, for press interviews,- conferences
- Social medial monitor online reputation, coordinate actions, co-operate to implement social media strategy
Coordination and Advice
- In cooperation with the other communication disciplines, develops, implements, monitors and evaluates communication plans for the MB and BUs
- Participates, as representative of Corporate Relations in project and working groups within NN Group
- Supports spokespeople in the NN business units (BUs), in own area of responsibility (functional steering)
Streamlining of media contacts
- Maintains a solid network of contacts with the media
- Organises press conferences, press briefings, and other meetings focused on media relations
- Discusses with journalists conditions for interviews ,and negotiates with photo and film crews about recordings in company buildings
- Identifies particular publicity opportunities and risks arising from political, social and business trends and developments relevant to NN Group and/or its brands
- Monitors and evaluates PR efforts within his/her area of responsibility
- Coordinates and prepares general and specific media training programmes. Acts as intermediary between NN Group and communication agencies and media trainers. Briefs and supports the agencies and trainers
- Writes internal briefings and makes press analyses, writes bulletins, statements and scenarios
Meet your team: Corporate Relations
The Corporate Relations (CR) department, at the international head office in The Hague, is a support function for NN Group’s Management Board (MB), and divided into specific specialist teams, based on the type of communications, or stakeholder group, for which each divisions are responsible:
- Media Relations
- Public & Government Affairs
- Internal & External Communications
- Corporate Citizenship
The Corporate Relations department has 47 employees.
The Press Officer reports to the Head of Media Relations.
Next to a challenging job you obviously want to know who you will be working with. Check out the following blog and meet your new manager Saskia!
NN Group's Media Relations team (5 people) has a central role in the effective positioning of NN Group, its Management Board members and senior management, the company’s Business units (BUs), and in maintaining close ties with national and international journalists and public opinion leaders.
The Media Relations team is responsible for the corporate media strategy of NN Group, recognising that we can effectively reach our stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, business partners and society at large – through (social) media exposure.
- Education level: Master's degree
- Superior verbal and written (business) communications skills, both in Dutch and English
- Proven track record working in a media relations role for a large, international and publicly listed organisation, pro-actively driving external communications, and responding to issues and crises;
- Ability to execute with a clear eye for detail, while keeping the big picture in mind;
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of people, in different cultural and functional areas;
- Experience with social media – monitoring, responding and advising
- An enthusiastic, friendly, approachable personality, pro- active and pragmatic personality, with a flexible attitude
- Able to act with integrity and to act in a high pressure environment
- Must be a good communicator internally (up and down) with highly developed persuading, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to think strategically and coordinate multiple projects
- The CR/MR team works with price sensitive and confidential information
- An incorrect decision or action taken in the MR team can cause immediate (long-term) damage to the reputation and image of NN Group (or its brands), with direct consequences for the NN share price
- Press deadlines and the simultaneous occurrence of ad hoc and ongoing duties regularly lead to time pressure which, also in view of the impact of the issues at holding level, heightens the risk-sensitive nature of this position
- Our spokespeople are on stand-by 24/7, for their specific portfolio
We offer you
Our appreciation for colleagues is reflected in our conditions of employment. We offer you:
- An interesting position in a dynamic, international
- A position in level 3 ( job grade 11/12) depending on knowledge and experience
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, or on the application process? Please contact recruiter Dennis Damoiseaux by phone +316 82999606 or by email email@example.com.
More information about our application process can be found here.