NN Re’s strategic goal is to optimize shareholder value with innovative reinsurance solutions and efficient hedging.
Within NN Group, NN Re is a relative small organization with around 65 people from more than 20 different countries. It offers the best of both worlds, exposure to large and complex balance sheet solutions, but with a start-up company setting with a team of experts.
We offer intra-group reinsurance solutions to optimize the risk profile, capital consumption and P&L management of NN Group’s insurance companies. Besides that we also manage various hedging books related to investment guarantees underwritten throughout NN Group. Enabling Solvency II optimization across NN Group using reinsurance is one of the main focuses of NN Re. With the increasing importance of reinsurance, the Reinsurance Solutions team is one of NN Re’s strategic department.
It requires a dedicated and flexible team, to execute on all aspects of reinsurance to effectively bring forward solutions. Given the broad portfolio of NN Re we are looking for seasoned manager for the team.
The manager of the Reinsurance Solutions team is responsible for further shaping and managing reinsurance related activities of NN Re, including strategy, pricing, underwriting, claims handling, furthermore internal and external account management. In this role, the manager is part of NN Re’s management team and reports directly to the CEO of NN Re. The manager of Reinsurance Solutions is involved into the broader management of NN Re and reinsurance activities of NN Group in general. Therefore experience in insurance and reinsurance is required, both in the Netherlands as well as in an international environment, combined with managerial experience.
Your main responsibilities
Manager of Reinsurance Solutions team is responsible to shape and manage the reinsurance treaties s of NN Re. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Aligning the reinsurance agenda with strategy of NN Re and NN Group
- Identifying and delivering on reinsurance and/or capital optimization opportunities
- Advising NN Re and NN Group and its BUs on optimal reinsurance structures
- Placing external reinsurance for the benefit of NN Re and NN Group
- Reviewing pricing and advising on pricing related matters
- Managing NN Re’s internal and external partners
- Managing a team of 14 experts
- Setting up and delivering on KPIs for the team and individuals
- Adhering to the applicable rules and policies
- Following legislation changes and managing the impact thereof
- Degree in finance or economics (bachelor or master);
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience (insurance and/or reinsurance)
- Experience in working in international environment;
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the international business units of NN Group;
- Experience with (re)insurance pricing, product development and Solvency 2 legislation;
- Experience in working in sales and/or account management
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both with internal as well as external stakeholders and/or reinsurance companies;
- Very good spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to set strategic direction for the team and communicate to different stakeholders
- Ability to set priorities and effectively follow-up on delivery
- Ability to manage a team of experts with wide range of skillsets and support the personal development of the team members
- Flexibility to accommodate travelling abroad and sometimes urgent requests
For this position it is important that you are independent, flexible, proactive and can work under pressure.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you a position in job grade 14, hay level 20, scaling depends on knowledge and experience.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job, please call David Bozso (CFO/CRO NN Re) on 06-10403241. Any questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Dennis Damoiseaux on 06-82999606.
More information about our application process can be found here.