Delivery Manager IT | NN Belgium | Brussels-Midi
NN is a life insurance provider with big ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most important for our clients: their families. We see this as a deeply personal issue, and want to stand out in that way.
With 1.4 million unique clients, 600 happy staff and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, we form part of a strong international group.
So potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN!
What difference will it make when you are hired as delivery manager?
The job title says it all: you get things done! Time is money. As delivery manager, you like no other keep track of scheduling and resolve bottlenecks and problems, so that quality and the continuity of delivery continues to be guaranteed.
You have a passion for combining IT and application development. Experience in developing future-proofed IT strategies for medium sized organisations has given you a keen eye for the IT landscape. You are not a process thinker but a technical doer who knows which steps need to be taken in order to hit targets. This makes you the right person to guide NN in the delivery of our software development field.
In this role you are at the helm of the IT Delivery team which designs, creates and manages all application chains for NN. The team is known for its Scaled Agile Delivery and consists of around 120 colleagues who work in scrum teams.
- Where the Technical Domain Leads, Team Leaders and Scrum Masters lead the staff in day to day operations, you have a sharp focus on developing and fixing talent within your segment of the organisation.
- You guide the constantly changing cooperative planning process where you set priorities for outstanding tasks which are a good match with the capacity and skill sets of the multidisciplinary team.
- You play an active role in bringing together migrated divisions. By sharing your vision and knowledge and by spotting, guiding and developing talent, you create a tight IT Community.
What are the qualities of our ideal delivery manager?
As an old hand in the business you have around ten years demonstrable experience in applications development for banking or insurance. You have a masters degree in IT or a related discipline, or you can show a equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience. You have a proven track record in agile leadership of DevOps in a SAFe environment and a strong desire to lead Lean processes with a focus on the automation of IT.
- Your proactive personality and strong communications skills put you in a position to build up a relationship with management, fellow IT managers and stakeholders in various positions in the organisation.
- As a professional role model for your team members, your actions show who you are and what you stand for. You are a person of your word, reliable, honest and competent. You have a proven ability to provide leadership, to coach and to improve.
- Extensive practical knowledge of infrastructure (hardware, databases, applications, etc.) and cloud providers such as AWS and AZURE.
- Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written. You can also express yourself fluently in Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other language.
What salary can you expect from NN? NN provides a job that works for you.
Our core values are: Care, Clear, Commit.
NN needs people like you, authentic and committed, who want to give the best of themselves for our clients, with fresh ideas and a drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and obvious. But above all, people with a unique personality that makes them stand out. So knowing yourself is key. We value that at NN! How?
- From us you can expect an attractive salary, supplemented with benefits such as group and hospitalisation insurance, a company car, luncheon vouchers and ecocheques, 20 days annual leave and 12 compensation days.
- You get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward. The offer is broad: customised training pathways, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning, …
- At NN we know how important relaxation is! That’s why we aim for a good balance between work and private life. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group classes make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creativity another nudge, we also provide a smart, fully modernised working environment where you can feel at home, located in lively Brussels, literally right beside Brussels-Midi station.
Want to apply?
Does your delivery management knowledge and experience match our vision? Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter via the button.