Job Purpose: Being the expert in finance of an Asset Manager and lead the Business Partnering & Control team. Develop and implement plans and practices, contribute to the development of the functional area and manage people and development, in order to ensure the realization of objectives of the assigned unit. Because this department starts with a new profile you have to engage this profile and take the responsibility to develop this new role and profile. Finance should focus on its core business and act as a mature business partner, giving the business insight in their performance, helping/advising them to make the right choices -based on correct data and analyses- and allocate resources to the right places. As a Manager Business Partnering & Control you will report directly to the CFRO.
You are responsible, amongst others, for:
- Acting as a mature and accepted strategic partner on board level. Formulates business cases and contributes to the development, optimization and implementation of business strategies for an assigned unit/area;
- Challenging and advising managers and board members on strategic issues with a long-term focus and high business impact;
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of the functional / division strategy and the input from stakeholders into a year plan / budget for the own unit;
- Ensure expertise and advice are delivered and implemented. Partner with the business/clients in finding solutions to existing or potential issues and challenges. Monitor and decide on allocation of budget or revenues;
- Serve as the product owner (role) / sponsor for cross-operational unit and cross-functional projects as well as ensure execution and delivery;
- Drive the continuous development and improvement of systems, instruments;
- Development of policies and objectives for Business Partnering & Control team;
- Management reporting, LTF, MPR, QPR cycles. Fit for purpose reporting cycles. Telling the story behind the numbers;
- Product and data ownership. Ensure (Finance) data quality and data delivery
Meet your team
You will be part of a team of 7 highly skilled finance professionals. Most important activities of this team are Data collecting and –analyzing, Forecasting and Business Partnering for the 3 business lines Sales, Investment Engine and Tech and Ops as well as staff departments.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for business unit NN Investment Partners
Where we are looking for in the right person for this job is:
- Seniority in your capabilities in advising and telling the story on executive level with all the business lines of an Asset Manager
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Asset Management business in the broadest sense
- Be a sparring partner for the business (on executive and management level) in a matter that you can act with sufficient countervailing power.
- Many years of experience in the Financial figures of an Asset Manager
- Be a bridge builder between all the business lines and staff departments so that the acceptance will be most effective.
- As you can see above, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally our appreciation for our colleagues are reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- Playing an important role in setting the strategic goals within NN IP
- You will be manager and work together with enthusiastic (finance) professionals.
- You will be a sparring partner on executive
- You will have (detailed)insight in all the activities and strategic plans of one of the largest Asset Managers within the Netherlands
- NN IP is an international operating Asset Manager so you will be working with a lot of different cultures
- You will be the contact person for the Finance department if the CFRO is not available temporarily
- The job is for 36 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
- A position which is internally plotted as a Managing Expert 4, Hay level 21, scaling depends on knowledge and experience
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Any questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Femke Zeeman on 0031 6 5150 9766.
More information about our application process can be found here.