You are an ambitious professional who enjoys working at the center of a complex, international organization and you are now looking for a chance to broaden your perspective. As manager Alternative Investment Operations you will have that opportunity. If you have a passion for the asset management industry and if you have the power to stimulate, challenge, help and inspire a team of professionals, than this might be the perfect job for you!
The Manager Alternative Investment Operations is responsible to manage a department of highly skilled operations professionals with a clear focus on aligning the department with the increasing strategic focus on alternative investments. You are responsible for:
- Seek alignment with the company strategy and translate these into concrete actions for the department.
- Stimulate and support the team to seek continuous improvement & challenge the processes with the objective to pursue efficiency, digitize & automate processes as much as possible (Agile way of working).
- Hands on, help and guide the team in executing the day-to-day tasks whenever required.
- Monitor and quality control of processes, i.e. in time, accurate and correct admin & maintenance of alternative investments.
- Track market developments, participate in seminars, align with (external) partners on market trends.
- Stakeholder management, both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure changes and transitions impacting processes are implemented in time and correct.
Meet your team
The Alternative Investment Operations (AIO) department is part of the Middle Office department within Operations. The AIO department is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the alternative investments granted by NN Investment Partners. This includes company loans, EU Private Placements, US Private Placements, Government (related) loans, Export Credit Agency loans, Emerging Market Debt loans, Project Finance loans, Infrastructure loans and Commercial Real Estate loans. AIO is a key player in the organization facilitating the processes around the alternatives: for this purpose the stakeholders of the team are e.g. issuers, guarantors and loan agents, front office teams and (internal) lawyers. The department services both the front office (portfolio managers) as well as the back office (i.e. accounting) the best possible way to ensure correct & timely administration and maintenance of the contracts. The team is dedicated in providing the best service by being client focused, eager to improve processes by seeking for efficiency and proactive in staying up to date with market changes.
- You have a higher educational level (HBO or WO), preferably with a focus on Finance or Economics
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a team of subject matter experts.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the domain of Alternative Investments, preferably in an operational environment within the asset management industry.
- Experience in the Agile way of working, change driven
- Able to translate strategical direction into concrete actions
- People manager, pro-active team player, flexible
- Attention to detail, accurate & integer
- Independent, flexible, adaptable & decisive
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluency, written and verbal in Dutch and English
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension and/or BlackRock Aladdin is a pre.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel2nd Quality
- In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
- The opportunity to influence the future of an international asset manager
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choice
- This job is classified as Managing Expert, level 2 (Hay level 19)
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Any questions about the application process? Please call Mina Bahaj on +31 (0)615066245