Legal Counsel Capital Markets
NN Investment Partners’ Legal department is searching for a legal counsel with experience in the field of capital markets documentation and knowledge of applicable regulations. Do you have a team player mindset and a pragmatic attitude? Do you like interacting with colleagues in various areas of the company and act as a successful business partner? If you recognize yourself in this description, then we might have the right position for you.
Your impact as a Legal Counsel Capital Markets at NN
As legal counsel capital markets, you like to achieve good results in:
- Drafting, negotiating and executing documentation for capital markets transactions, including ISDA master agreements, CSAs, MCAs, OTC clearing agreements and ancillary documentation as well as repurchase agreements (GMRAs), securities lending activities (GMSLAs), futures/ETD clearing agreements and custody agreements; and
- Assessing and implementing applicable regulatory and industry changes affecting the trading and the documentation of such transactions.
Your responsibilities also include:
- Communication and stakeholder management, including regular alignment with internal stakeholders in trading, risk management and operations, with respect to client/portfolio targets and requirements, compliance with applicable policies and regulations, implementation and execution timelines.
- Process management: responsible for adequate progress control of negotiations and files to ultimately finalise agreements within agreed timelines, ensuring input and approval from relevant stakeholders as well as compliance with applicable governance and regulations. Facilitating approval/sign-off, execution and safekeeping of completed agreements and communication of agreed terms with relevant departments within NN Investment Partners.
We also care about you
Just as you as Legal Counsel indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center
- Industry-specific conferences
- Working with extensive network of talented professionals from various disciplines
- Many development opportunities
As Legal Counsel Capital Markets you will be based in the legal department of NN Investment Partners in The Hague, which consists of 23 FTE (inhouse lawyers, paralegals and secretarial support). We are a diverse team.
Whatever we do, we do it together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with other teams is the norm and leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
NN Investment Partners is part of NN Group. NN Group and all business units believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and most important motivator. You help us go above and beyond when providing the best customer experience. Thanks to your professionalism we earn the trust of our customers within our subsidiaries, and there are quite a few: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir.
We offer you modern employment conditions including flexible working hours and generous employee benefits. You will receive your holiday allowance with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As a Legal Counsel, you will work from our beautiful office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12 and public transport. We have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. What more could you want?
Critical skills of a Legal Counsel Capital Markets
You have a high learning agility, meaning you can easily adapt and absorb new information in a changing environment. Customer service is central to everything you do, whether it is toward your colleagues from Risk Management, Trading or Sales. Thanks to your highly developed communication and social skills, you accomplish this with ease. You draw the best out of yourself as well as those around you. If you can help someone, you do not think twice about it.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please call Fabienne Stoop-Rapaille (Managing Counsel) via +31 (0)6 30436216. Questions about the application process? Please contact Mina Bahaj via +31 (0)6 15066245.