Legal advisor | NN Belgium | Brussels-Midi
NN is a life insurance provider with big ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most important for our clients: their families. We see this as a deeply personal issue, and want to stand out in that way. With 1.4 million unique clients, 600 happy staff and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, we form part of a strong international group.
So potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients are particularly welcome at NN!
What impact does your role as legal advisor have?
The banking and insurance sector is constantly changing. Laws and regulations change, and often find it hard to keep up with. As a legal specialist you move through the whole organisation to provide high quality legal advice to the people who need it.
As part of the legal department you and your colleagues pay careful attention to ensure that legal affairs run smoothly within NN. You are the expert for internal and external parties with all their questions on our insurance products and their distribution. You take a proactive and interactive approach to ensure that laws and regulations are understood and complied with.
- Using your well-developed knowledge and your sound economic and organisational approach, you deal with questions and issues concerning civil, commercial and insurance law. You use your expertise to draw up and check contracts and specific legal documents.
- Our success depends on cohesion. To promote productivity and meeting organisational objectives you work in close cooperation with colleagues in commercial and operational services within NN Belgium.
- You use your analytical skills to identify trends and possible risks. Your expertise, broad knowledge and experience help you contain and neutralise potential threats.
- With your legal knowledge you keep up to date with all the news on legislation and jurisprudence and of their likely impact on the activities of NN. You inform and educate colleagues and other stakeholders via presentations, courses and the legal newsletter.
What makes you a unique and ideal candidate?
A minimum of a masters degree in law, combined with at least 5 years work experience as a practice or corporate lawyer or a combination of the two. Knowledge of technical insurance law and of contractual and extracontractual liability in contract law is a bonus. Our sector and your speciality are both undergoing profound changes; therefore you are flexible and open-minded.
- Your strong communications skills mean that you are able to translate your conceptual thinking and ideas into clear proposals. Your analytical and pragmatic approach ensures that you can take considered decisions about complex issues without hesitation.
- You also act this decisively in proactively advising and educating stakeholders in the organisation. You can explain clearly and constructively how documents and procedures interact and warn people about legal risks.
- Your can-do mindset doesn’t just help achieve your own results, but also those of your colleagues and the organisation as a whole. You work calmly under pressure and respond well to tight deadlines. Because you are solution-oriented you have a constant eye for ways of optimising processes and proactively providing ideas for this.
- You have good English skills, both spoken and written. You also speak fluent Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other language.
What can NN offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you, authentic and committed, who want to give the best of themselves for our clients, with fresh ideas and a drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and obvious. But above all, people with a unique personality that makes them stand out. So knowing yourself is key. We value that at NN! How?
- From us you can expect an attractive salary, supplemented with benefits such as group and hospitalisation insurance, luncheon vouchers and ecocheques, 20 days annual leave and 12 compensation days.
- You get the chance to discover and develop your unique talents to help you move your career forward. The offer is broad: customised training pathways, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning, …
- At NN we know how important relaxation is! That’s why we aim for a good balance between work and private life. Working from home, flexible hours and a fitness space with group clases make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creativity another nudge, we also provide a smart, fully modernised working environment where you can feel at home, located in lively Brussels, literally right beside Brussels-Midi station.
Want to apply? Are you are our new legal advisor?
NN welcomes potential colleagues who want to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our unique clients! Apply now directly and send us your CV and covering letter via the button.