The International Leadership Team (ILT) has agreed to execute a structured programme of work (the Underwriting (U/W) programme) to significantly improve underwriting capability across the International business units.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Pillar 1: Transform the underwriting capabilities and culture of Insurance International, ensuring that all business units have a clear understanding of their current position, an agreed target-level ambition and a roadmap to transform towards this ambition.
- Pillar 2: Set up a Data and Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE, agreed in principle by the ILT as a shared service to be developed in Hungary). Initially define and agree with the ILT the terms of reference for the CoE and ensuring that the operating model is fully aligned with the Group Operating Model. Conduct proof of concepts/pilots to refine/validate the operating model and support the U/W transformation objectives of International business units.
- Pillar 3: Support the continuous engagement and development of the NN underwriting community, by developing a clear understanding of the needs of this group, developing a clear communications and learning curriculum, and monitoring and continuously improving this ‘Academy’.
- Under the direction and sponsorship of a steering committee formed of ILT members, this role will actively support the Underwriting Transformation Manager in successfully executing the of the Underwriting Programme.
The core accountabilities of this role are:
- Engage with Group and local HRs and identified BU U/W champions to further build and nurture the U/W community and actively support ramping up experience and career paths via assignments and/or other training and learning and development opportunities;
- Shape and execute the ‘Academy’ including required platform and events;
- Broadly roll-out the ‘Smart Selection’ game;
- Set-up and continuously drive collaboration/networking platform/forum;
- Ensure risks and issues are identified and managed appropriately;
- Provide delivery advice and constructive challenge to all programme participants;
- Prepare and chair pillar 3 team & governance meetings;
- Engage and communicate with all stakeholders;
- Facilitate and provide regular progress and benefits realisation reporting.
Your skills & knowledge:
- University Degree
- Secondary financial/management qualification highly advantageous
- Knowledge of insurance products and life underwriting
- Good command of English
- Accredited project management qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in insurance and finance related industries.
- Strategic thinker
- Proven track record in defining and delivering projects
- Experience in operating in cross-functional and matrix management structures.
- Knowledge of insurance related activities.
- Solid experience and the ability to apply discretion and initiative in dealing managing complex issues
- Leadership and communications experience at a senior executive level
- Strong customer focus and ability to consult with a broad stakeholder group
- Strong audit, research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and influence at all levels
- Project management, leadership and team working skills
Other abilities and skills:
- Empathy with different cultures
- A good listener and a good diplomat
- Customer orientation
- Change leader
- Developing relationships and driving execution for results
- Good communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Managerial capability
- Global and Financial Acumen
- Open minded, well-organized and with strong sense of accountability
- Able to influence and impact regardless formal structures and direct spans of control.
We offer you:
- A work environment that is characterized by an professional atmosphere and collegiality;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, craftsmanship and development are our top priority;
- The opportunity to work with professional and expert colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do good, in the interest of the client and with an eye for society together;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices;
Preferably we are looking for an internal employee who is willing to work based on an STA/ LTA. Off course this also might be a permanent position. The job grade will be 11 then for 40 hours and the location is The Hague. The job grade depends on your experience and background.
Application and contact
Interested? You can apply directly via the button. Questions about the application process? Call Recruiter René Schripsema, telephone +31 (6) 46260716 or by email email@example.com.
Only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration. An assessment can be part of the application process.