The Actuarial Reporting and Oversight team is part of the Chief Actuary Office of NN Group. As member of this team you will contribute to execution of the Actuarial Function within NN Group. The Actuarial Function is mainly responsible for the technical provisions of NN Group across the different balance sheets and related metrics.
Your impact as an Actuary at NN
In this role we provide you with an opportunity to participate in the execution of the Actuarial Function on highest level within the organization. You will have exposure to experts from actuarial but also other disciplines and the opportunity to learn from them and witness executive decision making from the inside.
You will work with us to:
- Participate in reporting of actuarial metrics, review and analysis, internally and externally on a quarterly basis
- Maintain and develop the reporting methods and requirements for actuarial metrics
- Liaise with the business units on various actuarial topics
We also care about you
Just as you as a Junior Actuary indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences (both in the Netherlands and across the border).
- In-house training.
Meet the team
The Actuarial Reporting and Oversight team is a small and international (5 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as work-life balance and each other. We offer a pleasant environment to work in and plenty of opportunity to grow and learn.
The team focusses on:
- Solvency II reporting, mainly related to the SII balance sheet and own funds
- Reviewing the IFRS reserve adequacy
- Value of New Business reporting and review the profitability of products
- Actuarial oversight of business units, focusing on reserving, underwriting and reinsurance practices in the units
- Review of material model and assumption changes
- Strengthening the actuarial function/community within the Group, enabling best practice sharing
- Advisory role on various projects. Review of business plans and financial forecasts.
- Ownership, maintenance and group-wide implementation of policies and standards owned by the Chief Actuary Office
- Preparing external disclosures concerning solvency, capital generation and value creation
- Contributing to the IFRS17 project, including the development of value metrics and analysis of actuarial choices.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. NN is active in 18 countries and has over 17 million customers spread across multiple subsidiaries such as: NN, NN Investment Partners, Nationale-Nederlanden, OHRA, ABN AMRO Insurance, BeFrank, Zicht, AZL and Movir. Because of this, we are continuously innovating and investing in an agile business model.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. You will receive your holiday allowance and 13th month with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you. As a Junior Actuary, you will work from our office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12. We also have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café.
Critical skills of an Actuary
As a Junior Actuary, intellectual challenges and solving complex puzzles brings you great satisfaction. You are a creative thinker, and your solutions are innovative. You prefer to work with a certain degree of freedom, yet always seek opportunities to cooperate with others. You are open to alternative theories and can analyse them objectively. Your colleagues can count on your honest opinion and commitment to the subject at hand.
- Academic Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Actuarial sciences or similar (e.g. econometrics, mathematics, statistics)
- 1-3 years of experience in the insurance industry within the actuarial, finance and/or risk domain
- Experience in IFRS and Solvency II valuation and reporting is preferred.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a position in an organization where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button. Do you have any questions about the job? Then please contact Senior Recruiter (ai), Ralph Roels via +31 6 55 34 8378.