We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic student with an Economics/ Investments/ Finance background to join and support the Investments Business Management Team.
Your main responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing information to the management of NN Investment Partners in form of various reports, mainly related to portfolio performance, financials (assets under management, sales & revenues) and business development. Your key task will be converting raw data into useful business control and steering information. You will assist in maintaining the portfolio database. In addition, you will play an important role in other areas that support the Investment Teams, for example evaluation procedures ( i.e. 360 Vote), Bloomberg administration (i.e. Research Portal), attributing to investment diagnostics, and supporting on the operating system (BlackRock’s Aladdin).
The candidate will be involved in the following:
- Producing management information reports and analyzing the contents;
- Data gathering, data analysis and data management;
- Improving the data gathering process where necessary;
- Bloomberg maintenance;
- Other operations and ad hoc requests.
Your experience and skills
- Interest in and knowledge of financial markets and instruments
- Excellent MS Office knowledge (focus on MS Excel, preferably experience with VBA)
- Fluent English speaking and writing
- Accurate / eye for detail
- Eager to learn
- Problem solver
- Team player
Your team and challenge
The Investments Business Management Team is one of the Investment Teams and is responsible for enabling management control over the Investment Department which allows investors to focus on their core activities in a controlled environment.
The team focuses on 3 areas:
• Investment Control and Governance which focuses on Financial & Operational Control and Management Information.
• Business Change and Support which focuses on project coordination and steering as well as other supporting activities.
• Investment Diagnostics which focuses on providing management with Portfolio Performance Attribution reports.
We offer you
• 6 months internship, starting preferably mid-July
• Internship allowance (HBO €450/University €600)
• 36 hours work week
• Travelling compensation
• Learn from on-the-job coaching
• Structured feedback sessions
• Work with some of the most successful people in the business
• Network across the company through cross-divisional and division specific events and activities
Application & Requirements
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 070 513 6075 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.
Students have to be currently enrolled in a Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.