We are looking for an ambitious Intern to reinforce the Finance team responsible for our Insurance Assets. Are you ready for a challenge in Accounting and Reporting and able to deal with tight deadlines and peak loads? Would you like to gain work experience in a dynamic environment that requires you to react quickly to economic, financial and political developments around the world? If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we have just the right internship position for you! The main responsibilities for the department are:
- Manage the (internal) general ledgers of the Insurance Clients and responsible for reporting according to both the ‘group accounting framework’ and the ‘local accounting framework’ (both IFRS)
- Monthly reports including analyses
- Providing clear interpretation of rules and requirements to owner of source system concerning the information requirements and be responsible for updating procedures (SOX, IFRS, Solvency II)
- Managing the (internal) general ledger of the Trading Vehicle for Derivatives including the intercompany reconciliation
- Consolidation reporting
- Participate in projects
Meet your team
The department is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of the investment portfolios of the NN Insurance companies in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain and Greece. All accounting and reporting activities have to comply with internal (clients, group) and external (supervisor) requirements. In the changing environment the department has to act as a partner in business by being able to analyze and – if required – be able to quickly implement new strategies and / or products. Moreover, the department has to be able to quickly react on new requirements of the external supervisor (among others changes in IFRS).
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN Group.
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Excellent communicative skills
- Flexible attitude and mentality
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
We offer you
- an entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- a multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development;
- the opportunity to gain inside knowledge and work experience within an international insurer;
- internship allowance of €450 (HBO) or €600 (University) based on an 36-hours workweek starting from February 2019.
How to apply
- Students have to be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
- Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.
- Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 06-17831409 (WhatsApp is also an option, please mention the job id in your message) or email: email@example.com.
Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.