Internship Data Governance
NN Group is currently launching a Data Governance Office to support a large multi-year Data Governance initiative across Group Finance, Risk and Investment Office. To strengthen the team we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic student with an interest in data and a business or technical orientation to join and support the Data Governance Office.
Your impact as an Intern at NN
The solution to good Data Governance is multi-faceted and equal parts people, process and technology. As a Data Governance Intern you will participate in NN Groups Finance & Risk Data Governance processes and play an important role to support the Data Governance vision and direction. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge about Data Governance, Data Quality, Metadata Management and other areas of Data Management, Collibra (data governance software tooling), asset and liability reporting. All with the goal in mind to increase the data quality of NN Group as a whole.
Using your own initiative and ambition, you will be involved in the following:
- Support of end-to-end Data Governance processes and framework and contribute to their improvement;
- Standardized Master and Meta Data which is published in centralized tooling
- Perform detailed analysis to ensure qualitative and unambiguously data for Group Finance & Risk Reporting
- Contribute to the NN Groups Data Change Boards
- Centralized Data Governance process to administrate functional and technical metadata including data lineage
Check out your new colleagues to hear how they experience their work:
We offer excellent development opportunities and a pleasant informal working environment:
- This internship is the chance of a lifetime if you would like to have a career in Data Governance, Data Quality or Data Management
- You will have great responsibility and learn much from all experts in the field, with the freedom to ask as many questions as you like
The Data Governance Office currently exists of three colleagues and is part of Finance Strategy. Data Governance is a strategic focus area for Senior Management which offers opportunities to reach the next maturity level. We work in a highly dynamic environment with an interesting technical landscape where Data Governance plays an important role. We find it important that during the internship you are not just performing standard tasks but that you develop new skills and grow.
Thanks to your efforts as an intern, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and in consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator.
Due to the coronavirus, most of the NN colleagues work from home. At the moment it is unclear when we can return to the office. The official location for this position is The Hague.
Critical skills of an Intern
Why? That question regularly comes to your mind. Because curious as you are, you would like to discover how things work. With your critical eye you keep us sharp, precisely because you look beyond what you initially see. You are looking forward to this internship experience and will start working enthusiastically. Full of positivity and confidence you will find your way and ask for help if you need it.
We are looking for an intern who is willing to improve his/her knowledge about data governance processes and;
- In the end-stage of your studies
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Very strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Interest in data analysis, data modelling and process improvement
- Experience with Data Governance tooling or Data Quality tooling is a plus
- In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role
Commit to NN
Are you ready for the first lucky turn in your career? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions? Please contact Maroutsha Hargain from the Internship Office via +31 (0)6 50163088 or e-mail us at email@example.com. You can also send a WhatsApp message: please mention the job ID in your message.