Internship Accounting & Reporting
Your impact as an Intern at NN
- Create and operate in a strong control environment, around the general ledger accounting and reporting activities, for the Netherlands operating companies within NNIP Europe.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting for the relevant entities and / or global sales branches.
- Participate in the month end reporting process (quality of submission, comparing with deadlines and other KPIs) for the assigned entities and / or branches, including liaising with third parties.
- Analyse and interpret financial data versus run-rate, budget and previous periods.
- Prepare financial and management accounting reports (financial statements, group reporting and management information system) for submission to Finance Management and other external stakeholders.
- Participate in process improvements and re-design, where appropriate.
We offer excellent development opportunities and a pleasant informal working environment:
- This internship is the chance of a lifetime if you would like to have a career in NNIP Finance.
- You will have great responsibility and learn much from all experts in the field, with the freedom to ask as many questions as you like.
Finance consists out of two teams, Business Partnering & Control (BP&C) and Accounting & Reporting (A&R). A&R is responsible for the financial accounting, controlling and reporting of the Dutch legal entities of NN Investment Partners to internal and external stakeholders. A&R is also responsible for regulatory and statutory reporting of NN Investment Partners entities. You will be part of the A&R team as an Intern Accounting & Reporting. The team consist out of twenty finance professionals, you will contribute to the team by taking ownership of the work you are responsible for and working together with the team in improving its processes. Next to a challenging job you obviously want to know who you will be working with. Check out the following blog and meet your new colleague Nikoleta Pateli
Thanks to your efforts as an intern, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and in consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator.
We offer you an internship full of learning opportunities, where you can work side by side with highly professional and knowledgeable colleagues. As an Intern you will work from our modern office located in The Hague, which offers an easy connection via the A12 and public transport and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café. Due to the coronavirus, most of the NN colleagues work from home. At the moment it is unclear when we can return to the office. The official location for this position is The Hague.
Critical skills of an Intern
- Bachelor degree (University students) or near completion in Economics, Finance or Business
- Available for a period of 5-6 months
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Ideally looking for a career in accounting/auditing at a Big 4/Mid Tier Accounting Firm and willing to complete the CA/RA program in the future.
- Team player
Commit to NN
Are you ready for the first lucky turn in your career? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions? Please contact Maroutsha Hargain from the Internship Office via +31 (0)6 50163088 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a WhatsApp message: please mention the job ID in your message.