Intern Financial Controller
We are looking for an ambitious Intern to reinforce the Finance team responsible for our Insurance Assets. Are you ready for a challenge in Accounting and Reporting and able to deal with tight deadlines and peak loads? Would you like to gain work experience in a dynamic environment that requires you to react quickly to economic, financial and political developments around the world? If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we have just the right internship position for you!
Your impact as an Intern at NN
The department is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of the investment portfolios of the NN Insurance companies in The Netherlands, Belgium, Czech, Romania, Spain and Greece. All accounting and reporting activities have to comply with internal (Clients, NN Group) and external (Supervisor) requirements. In the changing environment the department has to act as a partner in business by being able to analyze and – if required – be able to quickly implement new strategies and / or products. Moreover, the department has to be able to quickly react on new requirements of the external supervisor (among others changes in IFRS).
Our team manages the (internal) general ledgers of the Insurance Clients and is responsible for reporting according to both the ‘NN Group accounting framework’ (IFRS) and the ‘local accounting framework’ (local GAAP)
As an intern you will:
- Contribute in in our daily accounting processes;
- Support in the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing and reporting processes;
- Support in change initiatives
We offer excellent development opportunities and a pleasant informal working environment:
- This internship is the chance of a lifetime if you would like to have a career in Financial Accounting.
- You will have great responsibility and learn much from all experts in the field, with the freedom to ask as many questions as you like.
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them.
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development.
- The opportunity to gain inside knowledge and work experience within an international Insurer.
- The opportunity to gain knowledge on the SimCorp Dimension Investment Management System.
- An internship allowance of €450 (HBO) or €600 (University) based on an 36-hours workweek starting from November 2019.
Thanks to your efforts as an intern, we make our financial services relevant and more personal. You help us go above and beyond when providing the very best customer service. We believe in the importance of customer satisfaction and in consistently serving our customers to the best of our abilities. They are the core of our company values and our most important motivator.
We offer you an internship full of learning opportunities, where you can work side by side with highly professional and knowledgeable colleagues. As an Intern you will work from our modern office located in Den Haag, which offers an easy connection via the A12 and public transport and we have our very own FIT20 and private NN Café.
Critical skills of an Intern
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Excellent communicative skills
- Flexible attitude and mentality
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
Commit to NN
Are you ready for the first lucky turn in your career? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions? Please contact Bianca Hoogweg from the Internship Office via +31 (0)6 10816801 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a WhatsApp message: please mention the job ID in your message.
- Students have to be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
- Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.
- Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.