Do you want to be part of the IFRS 9&17 Program in NN and be at the forefront of the latest developments? Do you want to gain more knowledge on IFRS 17 and contribute to a successful implementation of IFRS 17 in NN? You now have the chance to apply for a position with the NN Group Chief Actuary Office in The Hague!
The aim of this position is to represent the CAO in the IFRS9&17 program and contribute to the goal of interpreting the new IFRS insurance standard correctly and making the right (accounting and actuarial) choices for the company. You will work closely with the colleagues in the CAO, other Group Finance teams and the colleagues in the IFRS program. This is an opportunity to contribute to one of the largest ever changes in insurance accounting, grow your knowledge and your network within NN, and work with some of the finest IFRS 17 (internal and external) experts there are. As part of the CAO office you will be situated at the heart of all IFRS 17 guidance and financial impact related activities, and contributing to shaping the future financial results of NN Group and its business units.
In the IFRS 17 Program, your role will be situated in the Guidance, Requirements and Financial Impact Assessment area that is organized in a number of sub-streams composed of specialists from different areas (accounting, actuaries, IT implementation, etc.). You will be part of one or more streams and represent the CAO opinion and interests.
As member of the Chief Actuary Office you will contribute to execution of the Actuarial Function within NN Group. The Actuarial Function is responsible for the technical provisions of NN Group across the different balance sheets and related metrics.
Furthermore, you will:
- Contribute to the interpretation of the IFRS standard and translating it into guidance and requirements toward the implementation teams (local and central)
- Support the Guidance Board in decision making by preparing decision supporting materials
- Contribute to the development process of IFRS central/local systems by advising business units and central tooling teams on detailed interpretation of the guidance and requirements issued
- Participate in system testing from the perspective of financial impacts
- Participate in the NN Group financial impact assessment forecasting exercises
Meet your team
The Chief Actuary Office is a small and international (6 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as life-work balance and each other. A pleasant environment to work in and plenty of opportunity to grow and learn. Your focus will be providing the actuarial guidance and requirements for implementing IFRS 17 to both Group and Business Units teams, and assessing financial implications thereof.
- Professional background in actuarial role, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on knowledge of Solvency II and / or other market-consistent valuation framework
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Result driven attitude, focused on service and meticulous performance, precise
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Team player with hands-on attitude
- Qualified actuary
- Experience and knowledge of IFRS 17
- Experience with development of cash flow (projection) models
- Proven track record of writing concise business and / or functional requirements
- Understanding and experience of project/change environment and IT
We offer you
- An opportunity to contribute to the largest change in insurance financial reporting framework from the actuarial perspective, on the highest level in the organization
- Cooperation with leading subject matter experts from actuarial, but also other disciplines and the opportunity to learn from them
- Witness executive decision making from the inside
- Flexible working hours and location, communication mainly in English
- The job is for 32-40 working hours a week and the main location is The Hague, The Netherlands
- A position in job grade 10, 11 or 12 – Hay Level 16, 17, 18 with a salary, depending on knowledge and experience
- A two-year contract within IFRS 9 & 17 program, and possibility of extension based on performance
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below .
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job or the application process? Please contact Recruiter Mina Bahaj via email@example.com