The new financial reporting standard IFRS 17 will undoubtedly represent the most significant change to insurance accounting requirements in over 20 years” (EY). “IFRS 17 goes far beyond financial reporting to also encompass actuarial valuation, asset liability management and risk management. The impact and requirements of IFRS 17 will be felt across virtually every part of the insurance organization” (KPMG). “The standard will have significant implications for IT systems, strategic management, business processes and employee skill sets” (PWC).
Do you want to be part of the IFRS 9&17 Programme in NN and be at the forefront of the latest developments? Do you want to gain more knowledge on IFRS 17 and contribute to a successful implementation of IFRS 17 in NN? You now have the chance to apply for a short term assignment with the project team in The Hague!
Medior IFRS 17 internal consultant (in the making)
Role and reason for hiring
Next to making sure we deliver on project objectives, this short term assignment also aims to train NN internal staff in IFRS 17 and embed that knowledge more broadly in the organization. This is an opportunity to contribute to the largest change in accounting in insurance, grow your network within NN, and work with some of the finest IFRS 17 (internal and external) experts there are on IFRS 17. Not all requirements are as must have, as they may come across: the ability and willingness to grow and learn, are must haves.
You will join an energetic team of experts that are working on the tooling which will perform the IFRS 17 calculations for all the BUs. The teams responsibility is translate the IFRS standard and NN specific guidance into functional requirements, use cases and business requirements. The team is in the center of the project, shaping the future of IFRS reporting for NN group.
Required from the internal resource:
- Experience in the (NN Solvency 2) reporting process, must have;
- Experience and knowledge of Solvency 2, must have;
- 3 – 15 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience as an actuary and with drafting IT requirements, strong plus;
- Experience and knowledge of IFRS 17, strong plus;
- Experience with development of actuarial (projection) models (Best Estimate), strong plus;
- Translating an accounting-standard into practical implications, e.g. Solvency 2, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, strong plus;
- Understanding and experience of change and IT, strong plus.
We offer you
- Department: Finance Strategy (
- Language: English;
- Hours/week: 32 - 40 uur/week;
- Location: R’dam/Den Haag/A’dam.
How to apply
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy.
Do you have questions or do you need more information about the job or the application process? Please contact Recruiter Mina Bahaj via firstname.lastname@example.org